Satanic prayer opens Pensacola city council meeting; police forced to remove protesters

A city council meeting in Pensacola, Florida, turned chaotic Thursday evening when officials allowed a local religious-freedom activist to start the event with a Satanic prayer.

Hundreds of attendees began protesting and about a third walked out as Satanic Temple of West Florida member David Suhor delivered the invocation inside city hall, a local ABC affiliate reported.

washingtontimes.com/news/2016/jul/15/satanic-prayer-opens-pensacola-city-council-meetin/

They should have started saying the Rosary.

:mad::mad::mad:

It sucks, but it pretty much has to be allowed, or else the slippery slope could lead to Christian prayers being stopped.

Except it could release demons…I think some were released When that black mass was held in Oklahoma City.

The US constitution mentions a creator, nowhere does it mention invoking demons. In 1892, there was a US Supreme Court ruling that stated as part of the ruling that America was a Christian Nation. To the best of my knowledge, it’s never been overturned.

How terrible that this “prayer” was permitted! :frowning:

:thumbsup:

And the prayer to Saint Michael the Archangel.

Note quite. The entiring ruling you mentioned can be found here.

Church of the Holy Trinity v. United States

[quote=US Supreme Court, Justice Brewer]f we pass beyond these matters to a view of American life, as expressed by its laws, its business, its customs, and its society, we find every where a clear recognition of the same truth. Among other matters, note the following: the form of oath universally prevailing, concluding with an appeal to the Almighty; the custom of opening sessions of all deliberative bodies and most conventions with prayer; the prefatory words of all wills, “In the name of God, amen;” the laws respecting the observance of the Sabbath, with the general cessation of all secular business, and the closing of courts, legislatures, and other similar public assemblies on that day; the churches and church organizations which abound in every city, town, and hamlet; the multitude of charitable organizations existing every where under Christian auspices; the gigantic missionary associations, with general support, and aiming to establish Christian missions in every quarter of the globe. These, and many other matters which might be noticed, add a volume of unofficial declarations to the mass of organic utterances that this is a Christian nation. In the face of all these, shall it be believed that a Congress of the United States intended to make it a misdemeanor for a church of this country to contract for the services of a Christian minister residing in another nation?
[/quote]

The Justice that delivered the opinion gave more information on the “Christian nation” part in another publication. You can find part of this publication below.

If government meetings are to be opened with a prayer/invocation they must be open to people of other religions within the community delivering a prayer/invocation or cease delivering them all together. When the group in question requested to deliver the prayer/invocation the available options are to either allow it or terminate the delivery of prayers/invocations before the meeting all together.

That’s religious freedom for ya’.

Freedom without any sense of underlying values is not something to be proud of.

Freedom is also a young person unconscious on the side of the road with a needle up his arm.

Freedom without parameters defining was is good and beneficial, and where not to go, actually the worst kind of enslavement, enslavement to sin itself.

It is just common sense why people wouldn’t invoke demons to rule over them. People who self-govern in a country bereft of common sense to guide them into proper action are a doomed people, heading for a hellish existence.

So enjoy, I guess.

I agree

I can’t believe how people defend this, I think they are blinded by moral relativism, which ends in no morals at all and ensures chaos.

I think the New Atheists have a large hand in this, deluding people with the erroneous notion that they don’t believe in anything and therefore should have dominance (with their non belief?). These are just stunts in their ploy to remove moral values altogether, to tear down the building so that they can rebuild another one how they see fit.

It was ‘Pasterfarian’ at first, but now it seems they want to jump on board with ‘Satanism’ as that seems to get more of a bite and for obvious reasons.

God Bless

Thank you for reading
Josh

I think it is much worse that just moral relativism. People filled with glee at the idea of Satanic prayers opening an official government service, and scornfully mocking of how this is a slap in the face of Christians who may want the same thing to honor God, have already made their moral choice.

They are actively promoting the dark side.

True, but in the minds of many others, it appears to be another ‘Pastafarian’ ploy by the New Atheists, only they have no idea what they are really doing and the total folly of it, nor the harm and havoc it will wreak and if they do, it’s a sad state of a nation that such people are getting their way and holding such positions.

God Bless You

Thank you for reading
Josh

God bless you too Josh.:slight_smile:

As we from a cultural standpoint fall away from God, more Godless behavior will increase unfortunately.

“I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it”

I don’t much believe in the proclamation of any leftist that he will defend my right to say anything.

That is just empty words.

Not empty, but beautiful is this thing called freedom of speech. And what’s a leftist in your opinion? The religious right has pushed so far is everyone a leftist these days?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.