Satanic Temple Approved For Capitol Holiday Display

miami.cbslocal.com/2014/12/04/satanic-temple-approved-for-capitol-holiday-display/

TALLAHASSEE (CBSMiami/NSF) — Florida’s Capitol will have a new holiday decoration this year. The Satanic Temple will be among its nativity scenes and secular presentations.
It’s for Festivus, a non-commercial festival “for the rest of us,” is close to coming back as a 6-foot stack of empty beer cans.

The Florida Department of Management Services this week approved the proposed holiday display from the Satanic Temple, which a year ago was rejected because the agency said its proposal was “grossly offensive.”

The temple’s entry was one of five displays that got approval to be put up in the first-floor rotunda of the Capitol for the end-of-year holiday period.

Ugh. Glad I left Tallahassee. :bigyikes:

I boggles my mind that these groups haven’t attacked the word ‘holiday’ yet. I mean, it literally means “holy day”. Holy. Their display says “Happy Holidays from the Satanic Temple” and it just makes them seem all the less credible with their own beliefs.

Celebrating the Fall of Satan seems appropriate.:smiley:

:thumbsup:

There’s no way to say this without sounding patronizing, but I feel sorry for these people. It makes me sad they’re so angry with God. He loves them and died for them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.