Satanic Trickery

I was sitting at work the other day reading quite a few posts, and something struck me.(which is why I decided to join up) How do we know when a supernatural force has influence on us?..how do we really know?..and then I actually came up with a great idea for a book!..Stick with me here…what if Jesus was actually a vessel of Satan…I’ve read the bible a few times, and I started toying with the idea that while there are a few positive messages in the bible…there are also quite a few very evil messages in the bible also (Is a garden beautiful when it is overrun with weeds?)…It may even be that “evil” itself didn’t exist before biblical times…don’t get me wrong - I know humans have been doing terrible things since day whenever…but when the biblical stories evolved and started circulating with various authorities putting together their approved version of the bible…then it seems…everything started getting really evil…and when I say evil…I mean *evule… *So what if Satan used Jesus to spread evil upon the earth in a much greater and more efficient way then ever before? What if Jesus was Satan?!..how would we know?..I mean if God is all knowing, all powerful etc…etc…then why would logic, and intelligence lead him to the path which he took?..God already knows who’s evil and who isn’t before we ever step foot on this earth right? Forget about the free will argument for a second. God could take free will and we would never know the difference…it’s a bogus argument. So what was the real purpose of jesus? …I think the book should explore that maybe Jesus isn’t God…but a great interloper…a deceiver…the devil himself?..Just a thought.

YYYYup. Stick with lawyering.

…you are on your own here bub…:cool:

…advice, booze and drugs don’t mix:thumbsup:
http://img.shopping.com/images1/di/61/65/54/33/71/6e7a5056497176746b68394b66424f6367-100x100.jpg

Think for a minute about what you’re saying: Satan, in the persona of Jesus Christ, spread greater evil in the world than ever before? History doesn’t come close to supporting your thesis. The greatest evils perpetuated in the world have been by atheists regimes. The Nazis, the Communists, etc. Those professing faith in Jesus Christ have not been guilty of crimes anywhere near that magnitude. If your idea were correct, it sounds like maybe Satan needs to rethink his strategy.

…God/Jesus made all of these people that you are talking about…As a matter of fact God knew that the holocaust would happen (way, way, way before it happened)… Oh, and not to ruin your perception of history or knowledge of the Nazi’s but they were a Christian organization…Hitler was Catholic I believe…certain nazi belt buckles have “with God” as the emblem or “Concordance with God”…something to that effect - I would have to look it up…check it out.

[quote=Dr. Colossus]Think for a minute about what you’re saying: Satan, in the persona of Jesus Christ, spread greater evil in the world than ever before? History doesn’t come close to supporting your thesis. The greatest evils perpetuated in the world have been by atheists regimes. The Nazis, the Communists, etc. Those professing faith in Jesus Christ have not been guilty of crimes anywhere near that magnitude. If your idea were correct, it sounds like maybe Satan needs to rethink his strategy.
[/quote]

So you don’t think it would sell?..I thought it would be fascinating to tie it all in.

[quote=JimO]YYYYup. Stick with lawyering.
[/quote]

[quote=Think]…God/Jesus made all of these people that you are talking about…As a matter of fact God knew that the holocaust would happen (way, way, way before it happened)… Oh, and not to ruin your perception of history or knowledge of the Nazi’s but they were a Christian organization…Hitler was Catholic I believe…certain nazi belt buckles have “with God” as the emblem or “Concordance with God”…something to that effect - I would have to look it up…check it out.
[/quote]

Have you been reading some sort of non-Christian Jack Chick :whacky: ?

[quote=Think]So you don’t think it would sell?..I thought it would be fascinating to tie it all in.
[/quote]

It would probably be right up there on the best-selling list next to “The Da vinci Code”. You’d probably make a whole lot of money–but would you risk the state of your soul? :frowning:

Think,

If I were you, I would THINK HARD before you start posting some nonsense here! I can’t help but to think that perhaps the devil himself is making you think these things perhaps? I don’t want to sound rude like that or anything but I can’t stand it when people make crazy garbage like this! THINK about what I said!:slight_smile:

[quote=JimO]YYYYup. Stick with lawyering.
[/quote]

Yup. I think JIMO has said it well. Stick to lawyering and stay out of the quicksand of looking for a way around the human proclivity to sin and not be responsible. That is where this kind of “Thinking” leads. DickO

No…it’s well documented historical fact…but I don’t need to get into that stuff. It will just make you guys mad, and it’s none of your fault anyway.

[quote=Genesis315]Have you been reading some sort of non-Christian Jack Chick :whacky: ?
[/quote]

I have no idea what you’re talking about.

[quote=rwoehmke]Yup. I think JIMO has said it well. Stick to lawyering and stay out of the quicksand of looking for a way around the human proclivity to sin and not be responsible. That is where this kind of “Thinking” leads. DickO
[/quote]

Did you just call me crazy? Chill out. There is no nonsense…I thought it was pretty interesting…if you actually read my post instead of letting your trigger happy emotions pollute your mind you would realize that there is a very interesting question within.

[quote=Paris Blues]Think,

If I were you, I would THINK HARD before you start posting some nonsense here! I can’t help but to think that perhaps the devil himself is making you think these things perhaps? I don’t want to sound rude like that or anything but I can’t stand it when people make crazy garbage like this! THINK about what I said!:slight_smile:
[/quote]

[quote=Think]Did you just call me crazy? Chill out. There is no nonsense…I thought it was pretty interesting…if you actually read my post instead of letting your trigger happy emotions pollute your mind you would realize that there is a very interesting question within.
[/quote]

Hey, at least my religion is not cycling!:rolleyes: Didn’t know there was such a religion of cycling?:hmmm: That’s what your profile said!:whistle:

Don’t put words in my mouth mr. Thinky! :tsktsk: If you want to start posting bizarre garbage, why don’tcha say it to your preist, that is, if you are Catholic…

Ooops, I apologize. I didn’t realize who you were. I will cease to respond to you, and you can do the same for me. Thanx for shopping.

[quote=Paris Blues]Hey, at least my religion is not cycling!:rolleyes: Didn’t know there was such a religion of cycling?:hmmm: That’s what your profile said!:whistle:

Don’t put words in my mouth mr. Thinky! :tsktsk: If you want to start posting bizarre garbage, why don’tcha say it to your preist, that is, if you are Catholic…
[/quote]

[quote=Think]…God/Jesus made all of these people that you are talking about…As a matter of fact God knew that the holocaust would happen (way, way, way before it happened)… Oh, and not to ruin your perception of history or knowledge of the Nazi’s but they were a Christian organization…Hitler was Catholic I believe…certain nazi belt buckles have “with God” as the emblem or “Concordance with God”…something to that effect - I would have to look it up…check it out.
[/quote]

I have little doubt that the Nazis would have exploited religious ideas when it served them. Regardless, they were practically atheist, setting up their Arian race as above everything else. Yes, it is well-documented that Hitler’s parents were Catholic and that he was baptized in the Catholic Church. It is also well-documented that he abandoned faith as an adult.

[quote=Think]No…it’s well documented historical fact…but I don’t need to get into that stuff. It will just make you guys mad, and it’s none of your fault anyway.
[/quote]

If it** IS **well documented fact post it, please give us your sources. I find it questionable when someone posts, “I know something that you don’t know” and won’t back it up with sources. You’re a lawyer. . . you know how important sources and background are, don’t you?

I give this thread 10 more posts before the Moderators shut it down. Anyone else want to make a guess? I’m taking bets now…:smiley:

[quote=Dr. Colossus]I give this thread 10 more posts before the Moderators shut it down. Anyone else want to make a guess? I’m taking bets now…:smiley:
[/quote]

It needs to be shut down NOW!!! Deleted too!:whistle:

[quote=Think]I’ve read the bible a few times, QUOTE]

Must very few.
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.