Satanists to Hold Controversial Black Mass in Oklahoma

news.yahoo.com/satanists-hold-controversial-black-mass-oklahoma-162207332–abc-news-topstories.html

A devil-worshiping group hell-bent on hosting a satanic black mass is planning to go ahead with its controversial ceremony this month, despite fervent protests by residents of Oklahoma City and a lawsuit from the Catholic Church.

Time for Catholics to stop saying these black masses are just a myth.

Probably as close as you can get to the demonic apart from hell. Must be surreal. They draw the Holy Spirit from people in a satanic exorcise. Fascinating!

I have thought for some time that we needed to be much more protective of the Sacred Host. EMs need to be very aware of what people are doing with the host when they place it in receiver’s hand. Didn’t this same group claim to have a consecrated host?

This is just another Church of Satan spinoff group, nothing more. I don’t really see what the big deal is. It’s not as though these groups don’t exist in every US city. Maladjusted metalheads with a hatred for what they imagine Christianity is? Please. There are real Satanists in this world, but people are too afraid to even identify them! Christ stood up to them and was crucified for his efforts. If you want to find true Satanists look to those who hold political office, look to those who own banks and corporations and own those who hold political office, and look to the anomalous serial killer who practices human sacrifice, cannibalism, etc. In my view, anyone who claims to be a “Satanist” by holding a press conference or contacting the media for some free publicity is nothing more than a highly unoriginal performance artist seeking some small measure of fame and glory.

Who is to say that the “unconsecrated host” is not really a consecrated one? I am very skeptical of this “unconsecrated host” since they have not changed their plans to hold this black mass. It just sees “unethical” for them that they would do a black mass without a consecrated Host. What would be the point in them doing it at all?

but it will be a “tamer” version than some traditional satanic ceremonies by, for example, substituting vinegar for acts involving urine to comply with state health laws.

Well that makes me feel better.:rolleyes:

The parks and recreation department, which rented the space to the group for $420, cited First Amendment protections in allowing the group to meet in a public facility.

Expect to see more of this. I’m sure there will protestors.Even though their numbers are small, they get alot of press and they love attention.
These are athiests and radical feminists.

Academic satantists want a club on college campus.

The fourth-year history student and his friends stood on Gould Street on Sept. 3, advertising the Legion of Academic Satanists to crowds of interested students.

“We grabbed some cardboard out of the garbage and just wrote a sign,” Switzer said, adding that they managed to collect 50 to 60 signatures in one hour.

theeyeopener.com/2014/09/academic-satanists-want-a-club/

It seems to me that they are defeating their own purpose if they do not use a consecrated Host. It seems like this black mass would lose its true meaning without a consecrated Host, so what would be the purpose of them continuing with this. They would be performing something that actually, in its present form, would have no meaning. This is why I am skeptical of the “unconsecrated host”
story.

There is no way that we can know. I also believe they will use a consecrated host.

The kids involved are totally misguided and believe it is just “love and be loved” and many like rebellion so this suits them.

Just sick.

Saw on Drudge

Headline---- that Black Mass was sold out and knowing it was at the Civil Center, I am thinking thousands.

It is 88 people who paid $17.50 to hear a band an denouse God.

Satanists Sell Out Controversial Oklahoma ‘Black Mass’ Event, Will Stage Exorcism Despite Christian Protests

christianpost.com/news/satanists-sell-out-controversial-oklahoma-black-mass-event-will-stage-exorcism-despite-christian-protests-126240/

Daniels said that the ceremony will also feature Dakhma of Angra Mainyu deacons and priest who will stomp, spit on and use explicit language on an unconsecrated host, a wafer presented as a form of the resurrected Jesus Christ.

Then this Christian pastor response…

A Christian pastor who also uses the civic center for worship services called on Christians to respond with "love and hope" toward the satanist group.

“As a church, we want to respond as people of love, who are consistent with the teachings of Jesus and the ways he responded to those who rejected him and even hated him,” pastor Tom Mannin of the Oklahoma City Community Church wrote on his blog.

A satanic exorcism intended to draw the Holy Spirit from a follower’s body will wrap up the event, an inversion of Roman Catholic exorcism believed to expel the devil from a person

A Christian pastor who also uses the civic center for worship services called on Christians to respond with “love and hope” toward the satanist group.

“As a church, we want to respond as people of love, who are consistent with the teachings of Jesus and the ways he responded to those who rejected him and even hated him,” pastor Tom Mannin of the Oklahoma City Community Church wrote on his blog.

“So we will speak gracefully and peacefully of the people at the black mass gathering. We will pray for God’s love to abound in our city and among its people of varying belief.”

Shocked by this pastor’s response.

I too don’t believe it is unconsecrated…

That pastor should lose his leadership role in his church.

Date is September 21st so I hope they have lots of protestors but this is the south and will they care about catholics?

Oklahoma is a pretty conservative state with many protestants. I just can’t even imagine them allowing this.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.