Satanists unveil proposed statue for OK state capitol

Will Satan be celebrated on the lawn of the Oklahoma State Capitol?

A devilish group based in New York believes it should be perfectly OK.

The group, which calls itself “The Satanic Temple,” today unveiled its proposal for a monument it intends to erect next to another religious statue: a depiction of the Ten Commandments.

According to The Satanic Temple’s application, the proposed monument features a large pentagram and “a 7-foot tall goat-headed Baphomet that sits cross-legged flanked by a child on both sides. The lap will serve as a seat for visitors.”

philly.com/philly/news/politics/Satanists_unveil_proposed_statue_for_state_capitol.html

Evil has made such progress that now it dares to show itself publicly, and demand public acceptance.

Shameful that we have progressed so far.

Wow...that is disturbing :(

We used to live in a country that allowed religious tolerance but I pause in thinking if we still do. Seems Christianity is heartily persecuted and openly ridiculed while other hot button issues are allowed to flourish. I think this is horrible but if we live in a truly free land with liberty, then they have a right to display their "religious" symbols. I put the word in quotes as I personally do not feel it is really a religion but who am I, just an opinion. I wonder if this isn't really some form of "in your face" gesture by these people to try and undermine Christianity.

It just really sickens me that we have come to this....sigh

If this is allowed, then we are going to have to open a thread regarding where is the best place on the planet for Catholics to live.

:mad:

Words fail me. It's like living in a nightmare.

[quote="China123, post:3, topic:350574"]
Wow...that is disturbing :(

We used to live in a country that allowed religious tolerance but I pause in thinking if we still do. Seems Christianity is heartily persecuted and openly ridiculed while other hot button issues are allowed to flourish. I think this is horrible but if we live in a truly free land with liberty, then they have a right to display their "religious" symbols. I put the word in quotes as I personally do not feel it is really a religion but who am I, just an opinion. I wonder if this isn't really some form of "in your face" gesture by these people to try and undermine Christianity.

It just really sickens me that we have come to this....sigh

[/quote]

Devil worship isn't what the founder of America had in mind.... :mad: If this passes, I'm going to need to know what country is safest for me to move to. :(

[quote="dshix, post:2, topic:350574"]

Evil has made such progress that now it dares to show itself publicly, and demand public acceptance.

Shameful that we have progressed so far.

[/quote]

And equally shameful that we have become so desensitized to evil that we hardly blink an eye at this.

You know… it’s interesting that as more and more Protestant denominations are created, more and more evil is accepted…

Might it be proof that the devil doesn’t want Christians united…? :hmmm:

Oklahoma is just a short distance from where I sit. If I know my Oklahomans, a statue like that wouldn’t last long even if someone managed to erect it.

I wonder if this isn’t the unavoidably where religious liberty leads. Pope Pius XI in his encyclical Mortalium Animos warned of those who hold the

“false opinion which considers all religions to be more or less good and praiseworthy… Not only are those who hold this opinion in error and deceived, but also in distorting the idea of true religion they reject it, and little by little turn aside **to **naturalism and atheism… from which it clearly follows that one who supports those who hold these theories… is altogether abandoning the divinely revealed religion.”

I recently looked more in depth at Mortalium Animos on my blog if you are interested in Pius XI magisterial teaching on Ecumenism you can read PART ONE and PART TWO there.

It's a wind up, I am absolutely certain beyond any doubt it won't happen.

Think about it, a monument to an incarnation of evil? Even if on some insane level the Church of Satan could find funds for it's construction (It won't) and managed to get permission (It wont, hate laws) some extreme fundamentalist Islamic/Christian sect will probably blow it up.

Literally, it's a wind up to scare people. It won't happen,

Edit: Ha! It's not even the Church of Set or the Church of Satan behind it. These guys have nothing to get this going.

Good luck.

We are not the head of the bad-news comet; rather nearer the tail.

There will be nowhere to go that is any better.

ICXC NIKA

I live in Oklahoma, and there’s no way that statue is going to make it. And if for whatever reason it did it wouldn’t sit for very long. But because of this whole thing those ten commandments outside the capital are probably also going.

I’ll believe when I see it. Such a thing would have a “ghastly” price tag to build. Go to a garden shop and price a concrete bird bath.

Should it get built it would become a circus in the worst way, from sledgehammers to kewpie dolls. It won’t happen, if it does, it won’t last long. This was just an easy way for them to get some news coverage.

.... Ok time for a revolution we need to start preaching the Gospel much more

How ironic our nation was founded by bapthomet worshipping masons now their idol will have a place in a state capitol.

And since most satanists are atheistic not theistic this has me scratching my head and awaiting backfire from the atheistic satanists.

But this is sickening all in all especially the children in the image this is teaching children that satanic practices and the occult are ok

Truly a sad day in america

So where's all the keep religion and government separate crowd? ACLU??? Anyone???

Bueller.........Bueller.......

[quote="Laura_N, post:13, topic:350574"]
I live in Oklahoma, and there's no way that statue is going to make it. And if for whatever reason it did it wouldn't sit for very long. But because of this whole thing those ten commandments outside the capital are probably also going.

[/quote]

I'm not usually for distroying public property, but it this thing gets built... I hope someone will take the matter into their own hands and distrory it. The thought of children sitting on it angers me greatly :mad:

:amen:

Best post so far, SuperLuigi.

I don’t know if they support the Satanists statue because they are trying to prove a 1st amendment point or they really believe that stuff. Both wrong, but the latter is waaaaaaay wrong.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.