Satan's Century

Men marrying men, women marrying women. Abortion on demand. Scandal and division in the church. Sexual perversion everywhere. Homosexual agendas being taught in schools. Homosexual programs on TV. And if you disagree with anything then you’re a bigot. We’re in a spiritual battle that can’t be won with guns , army’s or nuclear weapons. Prayer is the greatest weapon we have and the only way to fight and win a spiritual battle. I can’t figure out how to download the link as I’m using my phone but Pope Leo the thirteenth had a vision where Satan was before Jesus on the throne. Saying that he could destroy his church but he needed more time. Like 75 or 100 more years and more control over those that will do his budding. Jesus gave him his requests but said that he would never destroy his church. It seems that we are experiencing Satan’s last stand. Pray, pray, pray, pray! You can Google," Pope Leo the thirteenth".

Hello! I was also thinking this days about what is happening to the world, everything is upside down. The only thing I can think of is that we need to pray and live as best as we can our faith. God have mercy on us!

Wow he totally predicted post modernism. Great post![quote=“Nelka, post:4, topic:510032, full:true”]

[/quote]

This age is like the faithless age when king David lived:
'In the pride of his countenance the wicked does not seek him;
all his thoughts are, “There is no God.” ’ - Psalms 10:4

Do you believe there are any non-sexual and non-homosexual sins in the present century? If so, why do you mention only these? If not, why not?

Maybe because those are the sins that are not only normalized but also glorified in our culture. They aren’t satisfied unless they are celebrating their sins. In Ireland they dance in the streets in celebration after they overturn the abortion ban. In cities throughout the western world gays march in the streets celebrating their perversities. When Gay marriage was made the law of the land the White House celebrated by lighting up a gay symbol. If one stands up to this immorality and sin one is shouted down as being an intolerant bigot.

Amen Zach, well said

How about the glorification of violence in films, books, on the Internet and social media, including video games, as well as in real life? And the glorification of material possessions and money to the point of avarice and excess? Any mention of divorce, which has become so commonplace that it is not even given a second thought?

The older generation - sees it clearly.

The new generation ( kids ) are growing into this as normalcy.

I see America digging its own grave - digging deep too -
I never thought - the good - would be so persecuted, relentlessly too, by evil.

Exactly.

Imagine that back in the 1900s Our Lady said at Fatima that World war One happened because of the sins of the World, and that if men did not repent, return to the sacraments and pray the Rosary, that an even greater war (WW2) would break out, which happened also.

If the world was bad then,
Then it is absolutely destroyed now with sin in comparison.

In the Vatican Approved apparition of Our Lady at Akita, Our Lady said; ‘the world is more sinful now than when the Great Flood was sent to destroy humanity. I can no longer withhold the Father’s Justice from mankind. If people do not repent and return to God, the Father is ready to rain down fire from Heaven that will destroy one third of humanity.’

What about greed? That seems to me to be a sin that is both normalized and glorified in our culture today but I don’t see many threads about it here in CAF. Even our president celebrates greed:

My whole life I’ve been greedy, greedy, greedy. I’ve grabbed all the money I could get. I’m so greedy. But now I want to be greedy for the United States. I want to grab all that money. I’m going to be greedy for the United States.

'Be strong, and let your heart take courage,
all you who wait for the LORD! ’ Psalms 31:24

I take it you’re not a fan of the LGBTQ community?

Donald John Trump. Glorious. Mm-hmm.

People who are anti-greed?

Um. Hang on there.

I’m a fan of Trump’s work and policies so far, as you seem to be as well. But I don’t think one needs to be an ardent leftist or have “sweet nightmares” about him to realize he’s not exactly a virtuous man. He has said before in an interview that he has never asked God’s forgiveness, only tries to be better next time. Not that that would make him evil, perhaps severely misinformed—but we needn’t protect his impiety and self-proclaimed vices just because we like his governance.

We can like Trump’s effects. We don’t have to like him as a man.

True, but I really think he’s working on it, with his wife as a model of kindness and respect for others, I think she’s finally starting to rub off on him.

Could it be that he’s never had that kind of guidance since childhood? It’ll come (my humble opinion).

You could start a thread on it if you really want to…

Hey, y’all, pick up a history book and get reading. EVERY age in history has been full of vices that would make your skin crawl. It may shock you to know that we’re not all that unique.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.