Satan's Century

Exactly. I mean do people here think God was happy with us during the genocides, wars, etc. during the 20th century?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
The only person who thinks about Trump all day and all night, is Trump.

Rather than fix your attention on the evils of the world, about which you can do very little, look instead at the good in the world and increase it.

People who think homosexuality is a recent invention should definitely read up on the “Italian vice.”

100% this

A few little things happened in the 20th century that maybe could be mentioned!

Oh, I don’t know about that. I think pride, greed, materialism, violence, not honoring God, not keeping holy the Sabbath day, and coveting your neighbor’s stuff are all “normalized and glorified” in our culture. They may not have a special parade, but they’re virtually everywhere 24/7.

It extends beyond America

Jesus says in the Book of Revelation 2,000 years ago; ‘Homosexuals, adulterers, murderers, fornicators, workers of the occult, will not enter the Kingdom of Heaven,’

Our loving Lord Jesus said this as a warning.

The unjust, the greedy, thieves, drunkards, slanderers and robbers will not inherit the Kingdom of God either, according to 1 Corinthians 6.

Revelation also includes idol-worshippers and “those who practice deceit”.

There are a lot of sins out there. If you’re not committing sexual sins, you can be assured you are committing some of the others.

Amen. We are all sinners, every last one of us. We need to go before God working on our own sins first and others’ last.

We have horrible things happening in our world right now, but I don’t know about it being the worst of all eras. Previous eras have had their issues too. As cheap as the life of an unborn child is in our era, the lives of men, women and children who were slaves, even just in our own country in previous eras, was just as cheap. We have homosexuality proclaimed as good and healthy in the streets, but we don’t allow men to rape or beat their wives anymore. Greed and avarice drives our very economy but there were as many poor in previous eras…and them without any kind of federal aid. And so on.

Probably people of every era felt despair for humanity. The key is to keep your eyes on Christ…He will sort out the details.

“For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. Their women exchanged natural relations for unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in their own persons the due penalty for their error” (Rom. 1:26–27).

“Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor sexual perverts, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God” (1 Cor. 6:9–10).

“Now we know that the law is good, if any one uses it lawfully, understanding this, that the law is not laid down for the just but for the lawless and disobedient, for the ungodly and sinners, for the unholy and profane, for murderers of fathers and murderers of mothers, for manslayers, immoral persons, sodomites, kidnappers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine” (1 Tim. 1:8–10).

“Just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise acted immorally and indulged in unnatural lust, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire” (Jude 7).

But God’s displeasure with acting out on homosexuality is depicted as early as Genesis 19 in the Old Testament. Also see Leviticus 18:22 and 20:13.

I read that the Prophecy of Pope LeoXIII was greatly exaggerated and was not true at all!
I wouldn’t want anyone caught up in a lie so I may look into that.
I just read what Cardinal Ratzinger said back in 1969 it is here if you want to read his prophetic thoughts.

As Christ and JPII stated Do Not Fear Christ and his Church will have their passion once more before the new Church emerges to bring truth back into the world. All we see now is the birth pangs.

I would read Peter’s first epistle. We aren’t facing anything new under the sun. We are just the next generation being called to be a witness to the world about Christ. Let’s live out the example that Peter lays out in his epistle.

We ought always pray for our leaders: If they are righteous, that they prosper and persevere in righteous. If they are wicked, that they be converted.

The 20th century was indeed the century of blood, and produced more martyrs than the Persecutions of Rome. That said, the 21st century is yet young, and should not be compared to centuries already closed in terms of bloodshed. Persecution has increased, not diminished, since 2000, and wars continue unabated.

Which, of course, is precisely what the Lord prophesied. The Lord told us that the days before the Second Coming would be as the Days of Noah and Lot. He also said that the wrath will be so severe that were it not shortened, no flesh would survive.

Precisely. That holds true for all of them. I was only saying that we shouldn’t elevate the President beyond his already high position, nor (and I’m not saying anyone was specifically doing this) looking to him for any sort of moral direction

1959 - I have just spotted this post, and think it very pertinent to ‘our times’. Yes, the world is becoming an ever more spiritually problematic place. My parish priest has reintroduced the St Michael Prayer after all Masses - I frequently recite it at home, and with friends. I am awaiting delivery of beeswax candles, and will have them specially blessed - at least one will be kept by me, in case the ‘3 Days of Darkness’ happens before God calls me home, which seems ever more likely. I feel that the time is rapidly approaching when God will have to robustly intervene in order to save the integrity of Mother Church, since it appears that the collective of the hierarchy has been doing such a bad job of it for a long time. The current scandal laden situation has not happened overnight - Satan and spiritually weak/compromised souls have been working towards this, even before the time of Pope Leo XIII. It seems that if/when the 3 Days of Darkness occurs, that the human physical and spiritual death toll will indeed be MASSIVE - it will indeed take God and His holy Angels to clear up, and assist in getting things up and running again for the survivors - I am reminded of the time of Noah, only this time around there are a lot more folks. Via con Dios.

People thought that the world was about to end during WW2, that evil was at its peak. People also thought that before, and after.

Evil has been ruling the world ever since the fall, i honestly wouldn’t say now is a worse time than ever just because sins that disgust you (a general you here) more than others are being normalized.

I would say it’s a different kind of evil. Fr Mike Schmitz said something like how we are battling with the evil of indifference in our faith (ie we are basically getting distracted by other things in our life) more so than other time periods because of our fast paced life. He gave a story about how a man who was extremely devout in a country with religious persecution fled to the US and lost his faith because he got too comfortable. I think I agree with this.

It seems like the same perversions that people dealt with in the OT are coming back to haunt us in this generation. Sexual perversions and even worship of Ashura (?) at least that is the name on my calendar that says it is a day I should celebrate… when I tried to find out who is Ashura I was told it was the wife of God who was worshiped in the OT by Solomon and his wives… so what? we are doing that again, NOW??? Have we not learned anything??? What does God want us to learn about these things?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.