Satuday or Sunday? An Evil Pope after Benedict XVI?

It just brought up to my attention that this video brought about me into disbelief.

youtube.com/watch?v=qv0W1HgwmSs

Now my question is:Why is it that we celebrate mass on sundays instead of saturdays? Was it originally saturday and switched off to sunday? and if so, why are we not celebrating it on saturdays?

And

What is it about this anti-christ like pope after benedict xvi? Could this be true about what they say according to

worldslastchance.com/next_and_last_pope.php

Because Jesus rose on the 1st Day of the Week. To comemorate his resurrection Christians celebrate Sunday. Even in the Bible the Apostles gather on the first day of the week in the breaking of the bread and scripture.

Mass can still be celebrated on Saturday in the evening usually around 5 pm local time.

And

What is it about this anti-christ like pope after benedict xvi? Could this be true about what they say according to

worldslastchance.com/next_and_last_pope.php

It’s not going to happen. I would not deal with people who try to predict the future or who the last pope will be. People like that said that John Paul II was the last Pope… Look now, we still have a Pope.

There’s no reason to think the next Pope will be an (or “the”) Antichrist, but according to the popular Papal Prophesy, the next Pope will be the last Pope:

The Prophecy of the Popes, attributed to Saint Malachy, is a list of 112 short phrases in Latin. They purport to describe each of the Roman Catholic popes (along with a few anti-popes), beginning with Pope Celestine II (elected in 1143) and concluding with a later added pope described in the prophecy as “Peter the Roman”, whose pontificate will end in the destruction of the city of Rome followed by the Last Judgment.

…]
Ominously, the longest and final motto reads, “In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit Petrus Romanus, qui pascet oves in multis tribulationibus: quibus transactis civitas septicollis diruetur, et Iudex tremêndus iudicabit populum suum. Finis.” In translation this means, “During the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, the seat will be occupied by Peter of Rome, who will feed his sheep in many tribulations; and when these things are finished, the seven-hilled city will be destroyed, and the formidable Judge will judge his people. The End.”

There is disagreement as to whether further unmentioned Popes occur between Petrus Romanus and De Gloria Olivae or whether there will be further Popes after Petrus Romanus.

Probably illegitimate, but fun nonetheless. :slight_smile:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophecy_of_the_Popes

Mass is celebrated everyday :slight_smile:

Hmmm…Great point…Thank You All :smiley:

Sunday is Jesus Resurrection day- but also to show that Jews and Christians were different(romans didn’t have a clue) All this is Seventh Day Adventist Garbage founded by their “prophet” ellen gould white Plagiarist -Her cr** was virulently Anti- Catholic and really anti everybody else.don’t forget the JWs are offshoot of 7th dayers:mad:

The further question to ask is “Why am I going to YouTube to learn about my faith?” :wink:

We are shown in the NT that Sunday(the first day of the week) becomes our Sabbath(Acts 20:7 1 Corinthians 16:2 ). Not only in Acts and Epistles, but most distinctly in Revelation(Revelation 1:10 ) To understand this in a OT framework, look to the feasts and confirm with the Book of Hebrews. Sunday signifies the everlasting Sabbath spoken of in Hebrews. The feast of weeks, the 50th day, is on the 1st day of the week.(seven sabbaths plus 1 day) That day is our Pentecost. The day God sent his Holy Ghost to dwell in us and confirm what the prophets had promised

If you are deceived by false prophets, please dismiss them and find a orthodox Church to worship God in.

Amen.

Amen! :thumbsup:

Where ‘our daily Bread’ is offered…

Daily!

Hahahaha…Yes, Indeed - It may seem like the wrong place to go to learn about my faith, but there are some great videos such as those of youtube.com/user/gregwillits - I can see he is a devout follower of our faith.

But all in all - I agree Youtube isnt the first place to go just becasue the original intent of the website is entertainment.

Jesus,“The Lord your God”(Ex.2:14, 20:2, Jn.8:58), rested(Gen.2:3, Ex.20:11, 2 Chron.6:41, Ps.132:8, Lk.24.51) from all His work(Rom.4:24-25) of “New creation”(2 Cor.5:17) on the “First Day” of the week(Lk.24:1, 51), therfore blessing it and making it holy(Gen.2:3, Ex.20:11, Lk.24:1,51). In theological terms, this is what’s known as biblical evidence for “Sunday worship”, in spades.
By the way. Claiming that a pope is the “Anti-Christ” is the definition of unbiblical.See Mat.20:8, Mark 13:34, Lk. 16:1-2.
As per usual, please feel free to ignore this post. The “Threadkiller” has grown accustomed to the pharasaical silence(Lk.14:3-4) on these forums as it concerns his insights.:shrug:

Catholic Quotes Affirming that particular Bible FACT and TRUTH:

"No such law in the Bible "Nowhere in the bible do we find that Jesus or the apostles ordered that the Sabbath be changed from Saturday to Sunday. We have the commandment of God given to Moses to keep holy the Sabbath day, that is, the seventh day of the week, Saturday. Today, most Christians keep Sunday because it has been revealed to us by the [Roman] church outside the bible."
Catholic Virginian, Oct. 3, 1947.

"You may read the Bible from Genesis to Revelation, and you will not find a single line authorizing the sanctification of Sunday. The Scriptures enforce the religious observance of Saturday, a day which we never sanctified."
James Cardinal Gibbons, The Faith of Our Fathers (1917 ed.), pp.72,73.

"If Protestants would follow the Bible, they should worship God on the Sabbath Day. In keeping the Sunday they are following a law of the Catholic Church."
Albert Smith, chancellor of the Archdiocese of Baltimore, replying for the cardinal in a letter of Feb. 10, 1920.

"Question: “Have you not any other way of proving that the Church has power to institute festivals of precept?” Answer: "Had she not such power, she could not have done that in which all modern religionists agree with her - she could not have substituted the observance of Sunday, the first day of the week, for the observance of Saturday, the seventh day, a change for which there is no Scriptural authority"
Stephen Keenan, A Doctrinal Catechism 3rd ed. p. 174.

"Question: How prove you that the Church hath power to command feasts and holydays? Answer: By the very act of changing the Sabbath into Sunday, which Protestants allow of; and therefore they fondly contradict themselves, by keeping Sunday strictly, and breaking most other feasts commanded by the same Church."
Henry Tuberville, An Abridgment of the Christian Doctrine (1833 approbation), p.58 (Same statement in Manual of Christian Doctrine, ed. by Daniel Ferris [1916 ed.], p.67).

"The Catholic Church,… by virtue of her divine mission, changed the day from Saturday to Sunday."
The Catholic Mirror, official organ of Cardinal Gibbons, Sept. 23, 1893.

Is Saturday the 7th day according to the Bible and the 10 Commandments? I answer yes.
Is Sunday the first day of the week and did the Church change the 7th day, Saturday, for Sunday, the 1st day? I answer yes.
Did Christ change the day? I answer no! Faithfully yours, J. Cardinal Gibbons" Gibbons’ autograph letter.

Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life. The Resurrection is the Sabbath “rest” promised in the Law of Moses to those who keep the Commandments. The day of Christ’s Resurrection is the Sabbath of the New Covenant. Jesus fulfills the law, so His Church, by the authority she carries in His name, worships and rests in His way on the day of His choosing.

1. The Sabbath commandment was NEVER obligatory on Gentiles.

2. “Sabbath” meant more than the weekly sabbath, but all the feasts of Old Israel, which likewise were never required of Gentiles.

3. The sabbath commandment as originally given had NOTHING to do with worship. Temple services were held several times daily, and this custom was continued in Synagogues, which did not come into existence until the Exile. To this day Orthodox and Conservative synagoges, as well as many Reform ones, have twice daily services: morning and evening minyans, they are called. (Now you know where Matins and Vespers come from!)

4. What the Sabbath commandment had to do with was CEASING FROM WORK–and this was a cessation that applied even to servants, slaves, and farm animals!

Of course, because of the enforced leisure of the Sabbath, the services could be longer, and were.

1. Sunday was the day of the assembly (in the wee hours of the morning) for the EUCHARIST. Until the Peace of the Church, Gentile Christians had no scruples about treating Sunday as a regular workday (Saturday too, for that matter), after they had attended the Eucharist.

It wasn’t that nasty ole pope feller (and they never say which) who “changed Saturday to Sunday.”

No offense, Spreading. . .uh. . .whatever. . . but cutting and pasting unverified ‘quotes’ taken out of context is considered bad form in the forums. Please desist. Thank you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.