Saudi anti-Christian sweep prompts calls for US involvement

foxnews.com/world/2014/09/10/saudi-anti-christian-sweep-prompts-calls-for-us-involvement/?intcmp=latestnews

The fact that the US is so commited to and allied with this vile nation, tells me that "we" are utterly incapable of doing anything good in this region and that our total departure would be a blessing.

:eek: Doesn’t sound very good, sounds like a repeat of the good muslim and bad muslim conversation.

It is the only nation state in the world with the official policy of banning all churches.

That’s because North Korea has an official policy of religious tolerance while the practice is death or the gulag for Christians. At least the Saudis will not kill the foreign Christians. Christians after all work in Saudi Arabia. The place is full of expat contractors and Filipino workers.

After all you have to keep a few slaves around. :stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of foreigners from the West work in KSA for very good money. The Arabs also often pay, usually according to race and nationality.

Same qualifications.
From highest pay to lowest.

US citizen, UK/Canadian citizen, European, non-European white (eg South African, Russian, etc), East Asian, Asian.

Sure we should get out of Saudi Arabia, Europe wants the oil. I don’t like having to go to an imperialistic nation that invades sovereign nations as well. We never should have gone to Saudi Arabia perhaps as far back as the first Gulf war.

Pay according to race and nationality is known as racism. I know they do this but it doesn’t change the dynamics of the dilemma. Also being that you come into a literal unknown you are subjected to their sequestered contractor camps. Here you can indulge your western lifestyle, what the heck they do it too. You can buy Alcohol for example on the black market and live your non SA lifestyle also. Or gamble, and so forth. Its just not the public picture being painted in Allahs name.

Some say Slavery exists in parts of that world as well but I don’t know if that is so.

We should be out of there, Saudi Arabia reputedly finances a lot of the world’s terror as well, if it is through private donations or not.

In the meantime, Arabs as in Egypt and Palestine are often poor while Saudi Arabia is rich.

Certainly not a blessing for the West when ISIS or someone of the sort takes over the place.

Nothing will happen to these people. Nothing ever does. Yes, the place is dominated by an Islamism of a sort, but at least they don’t behead Christians for being Christians.

Yes, the Saud family in its thousands made a “pact with the devil” with Wahabbists long ago. “Keep Saudi Arabia, the land trod by Mohammed, pure”. (Also, no doubt, share the oil wealth with the Islamic clergy) Maybe they needed to do that, and maybe they didn’t. But in any event, they did.

Now, knowing what we know about Islam, we have to ask what the Muslim reaction worldwide would be if that “holy ground” sprouted a Christian cathedral in Mecca. I think we know the answer to that.

When the west is ready for radical “kill you” Islam to take over in SA, (as Obama decided for us that we were in Iraq) then yes, it would be good to leave the place. Until then, this lip service to “purity of the holy land” is tolerable. As was the case in Iraq, a less than maximally savage regime depends on firm western presence.

The Saudi royalty has done a devil’s deal with the Salafi religious police. There is still nominal cooperation between the Saudi royalty and the West.

If and when the royalty are overthrown, what will be left in Saudi Arabia are the Wahhabis.

There is no liberal, “moderate majority Muslim” option, at least not one that I am aware of.

Someone I know worked in Riyadh for 3 years in the early 90’s; he had numerous stories and anecdotes about his experience. The foreigners had their own sections, dating was/still is forbidden, etc. The one thing I recall above all else was that he remarked about the Saudi royal family: he was amazed at how many of them there are (we’re talking well into the thousands) and how they all had their hands in the government treasury. They were already having issues then with funding them all; I have to imagine that’s only gotten worse 20 years on and some of that has to be part of the instability of the regime. Also ISIS is a far greater threat to the Saudi royal family than is realized anywhere so I think these anti-Christian sweeps are a reaction to show ISIS they still deserve to be in charge of the holy sites.

Maybe not ISIS so much as other Muslims who are not part of ISIS. But I agree. If ISIS took over Saudi Arabia, the ensuing carnage would be beyond imagining. And I’m sure the rulers know it.

I hope and pray that someday Saudi Arabia has religious freedom rather than the monarchical theocracy that they have now.

foxnews.com/world/2014/09/14/saudi-anti-christian-sweep-prompts-calls-for-us-involvement/

“Saudi Arabia is continuing the religious cleansing that has always been its official policy,” Nina Shea, director of the Washington-based Hudson Institute’s Center for Religious Freedom, told FoxNews.com. “It is the only nation state in the world with the official policy of banning all churches. This is enforced even though there are over 2 million Christian foreign workers in that country. Those victimized are typically poor, from Asian and African countries with weak governments.”

The region of Saudi Arabia is the heart of the Islamic religion. It is the origin of the religion. It has given the language the prophet, the language, and the holy sites which Muslims are globally expected to visit during their lifetimes.
As long as Bibles are confiscated, and the poor, powerless, defenseless Christian Asians are abused, this is going to be the veritable face of Islam.

Saudi Arabia is not the Westboro Church of Islam. It is the Vatican City, the ancient Constantinople, the Jerusalem, and Westminister Abbey all rolled up into one big ball of vile intolerance.

As long as Saudi Arabia continues doing what it is doing, and funding mosques globally with more of the same abusive theology,if Muslims worldwide assume that they are being regarded by outsiders through the lens of Saudi Arabia, those Muslims probably would be very correct to assume so.
Muslims can go wild in the streets against Bush or Israel., and that is fair enough. Ours is a free country. But to never take to the streets in contempt of what Saudi Arabia is doing to their own religion, … well, it is their own religion and it is up to them what gets their goat, and what doesn.t

"It is the only nation state in the world with the official policy of banning all churches. This is enforced even though there are over 2 million Christian foreign workers in that country.

foxnews.com/world/2014/09/14/saudi-anti-christian-sweep-prompts-calls-for-us-involvement/

What if US bans all mosques? My feeling is that if our government does not, then eventually our Christian churches will disappear. The writing is clearly written on the wall.

And I want to point out…

In just seven years, Saudi student enrollments have skyrocketed from 11,116 in 2006, to 71,026 last year, according to the Saudi Arabian Cultural Mission to the United States, the Virginia-based agency that administers the scholarship. Nearly all recipients (95%) start with language training, which can take anywhere from a month to a year or more, officials say.

usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/01/11/saudi-students-english-class/1827465/

Islam would have to legally fall under a similar situation as in Italy where its not considered a religion because of the political implications and their constitution, not the religious aspect. Though today the mosques here are being considered to be areas of radicalization. Probably lots of undo blame also statistically speaking. That said radical groups such as Isis and its ideology is a major issue, and for sure Islamic ideology from the Quran be it heretical or not. Isis was also touched on by Obama in regards to ideology, for very questionable reasons imho.

"ISIL is not Islamic,” Obama said,

Thats another no boots on the ground conversation.

Our US constitution states freedom of religion and equal rights… At least that’s what we say… But that doesn’t explain how so many “witches” were executed. I wonder how they got away with that? :shrug:

What I find odd is that Vatican City is the only UN member State and the only State in the world that has a 0.00% Muslim population, and Italy, which surrounds Vatican city (like a giant buffer zone), has deemed Islam as not a religion but an ideology. Think about it. See what the Vatican has isolated itself from… Coincidence…?

…But here in America, Catholics scoff at the idea of considering Islam an ideology because our secular constitution deems all religions as equal, and claims freedom as the motive for equalizing things that may not actually be equal. It’s Deism. Just think about the mass suicide cults we have been unable to stop, and now think about suicide bombings. There’s a common factor. The truth is, not all religions are equal -that is an actual fact.

I agree, and I don’t see how we can disregard the ideology anymore but by intention and media agenda.

So then if Isis is Islamic and a take on 7th century Islam, and their Imams bless this and issue fatwas here. And many regard themselves as the sole arbiters of what is and is not Islamic and run every aspect of their understanding and according to their extremist interpretation of Islam. Then the mosques should be investigated and the Imams too. And according to Obama and “extremist” groups.

Unfortunately the same individuals determine what is not Islamic when their radical leanings manifest in full blown barbarism. And Obama agrees only never with the Catholic Church.

President Obama has vowed to “hunt down (Islamic State) terrorists who threaten our country, wherever they are” in Iraq and Syria. News flash: They’re also in American mosques. Investor’s Business Daily

However only last year…

Friday, April 5, 2013
The Defense Department came under fire Thursday for a U.S. Army Reserve presentation that classified Catholics and Evangelical Protestants as “extremist” religious groups alongside al Qaeda and the Ku Klux Klan.

The presentation detailed a number of extremist threats within the U.S. military, including white supremacist groups, street gangs, and religious sects.

The presentation identified seventeen religious organizations in a slide titled “religious extremism.” They include al Qaeda, Hamas, the Filipino separatist group Abu Sayyaf, and the Ku Klux Klan, which the slide identifies as a Christian organization.

“Religious extremism is not limited to any single religion, ethnic group, or region of the world,” the slide explains, in language that closely resembles the text of a Wikipedia page on “extremists" Washington Times

Maybe Obama ought to inform us what his own religious ideology is.

Oh and three hours ago…

Attorney General Eric Holder announced a strategy Monday aimed at attempting to disrupt American extremists

"We have established processes for detecting American [extremists] who attempt to join terror groups abroad,’’ Holder said in a video message on the Justice Department’s website. "And we have engaged in extensive outreach to communities here in the U.S. â?? so we can work with them to identify threats before they emerge, to disrupt homegrown terrorists, and to apprehend would-be violent extremists.’’

Holder said Justice was joining the White House, Department of Homeland Security and the National Counterterrorism Center to help local community leaders - public safety and religious leaders - identify those who may be seeking to join jihadist movements abroad.

video message on the Justice Department’s website.

google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCYQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.justice.gov%2Fagwa.php&ei=owoXVPyDOanC8gHClIGoDQ&usg=AFQjCNFH9gZDcBBPKTNOFDyIRDPqVk14Rg

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.