Saudi Arabia gives Israel clear skies to attack Iranian nuclear sites

Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran’s nuclear facilities, The Times can reveal.

In the week that the UN Security Council imposed a new round of sanctions on Tehran, defence sources in the Gulf say that Riyadh has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace in the north of the country to shorten the distance for a bombing run on Iran.

To ensure the Israeli bombers pass unmolested, Riyadh has carried out tests to make certain its own jets are not scrambled and missile defence systems not activated. Once the Israelis are through, the kingdom’s air defences will return to full alert.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7148555.ece

Saudi Arabia is fully cognizant of the kind of dangers that a nuclear Iran poses to life in the region.

We have to pray that a war is averted here. I am no expert but this situation is not good at all. Everybody is talking about what the US can do to fight Iran on its nuclear ambitions but in this case it doesn't matter as Israel will not tolerate a nuclear Iran and may pre-empt an attack on Iran at any time. With Saudi Arabia giving the okay, it could happen at any moment. Of course Iran will fight back and may be stupid enough to drop a nuke. If that happens, all bets are off as it would seem that if just one country uses a nuke then any country will use them. Think about India and Pakistan. The number of times that they were on the brink of nuclear war in the last 20 years has happened quite a bit.

Even if nuclear weapons are not used in a war with Iran and Israel, the price of crude oil will skyrocket overnight to $200 a barrel and that will have a devastating blow to the economy.

maybe thats what this country needs to force an end to its addiction to foreign oil.
Maybe watching a few soccer/football moms get their new Chrysler Town & Country stranded in their driveway is what it will take to wake people up.

[quote="canadianguy1143, post:3, topic:201825"]
We have to pray that a war is averted here. I am no expert but this situation is not good at all. Everybody is talking about what the US can do to fight Iran on its nuclear ambitions but in this case it doesn't matter as Israel will not tolerate a nuclear Iran and may pre-empt an attack on Iran at any time. With Saudi Arabia giving the okay, it could happen at any moment. Of course Iran will fight back and may be stupid enough to drop a nuke. If that happens, all bets are off as it would seem that if just one country uses a nuke then any country will use them. Think about India and Pakistan. The number of times that they were on the brink of nuclear war in the last 20 years has happened quite a bit.

[/quote]

Iran may well use the nuclear option, if it is available to them. At present it does not appear to be quite there yet.
Time is ticking. After Iran become a nuclear war power, the option of preemption will no longer be available.

You know this really might be the best thing. Isreal has absolutly no care about the UN, and they have the ability to systematically disable a country whose leader has said they should be abolished. Isreal has been attacked for how long now? I really have issues judgeing their actions to be honest.

[quote="Jermosh, post:6, topic:201825"]
Isreal has absolutly no care about the UN,

[/quote]

That's a mutual feeling.

[quote="TechieJustin, post:4, topic:201825"]
maybe thats what this country needs to force an end to its addiction to foreign oil.
Maybe watching a few soccer/football moms get their new Chrysler Town & Country stranded in their driveway is what it will take to wake people up.

[/quote]

Wow! You're willing to see food price go through the ceiling just to get at a few soccer moms?????

It all has to be processed and transported and, of course, it has to be planted, fertilized and harvested...every single one of those things use energy.

And, of course,poor people and working class people would like their homes to be warm, too. But hey! If we can strand those soccer moms, it's all worth it, huh?

[quote="Darryl1958, post:2, topic:201825"]
Saudi Arabia is fully cognizant of the kind of dangers that a nuclear Iran poses to life in the region.

[/quote]

As are all the Sunni Arab states. (Syria being an exception, since its ruling elites are not Sunni and depend on Iran financially in order to oppress their citizens.)

Israel is, strangely enough, the only reliable bulwark the Sunni Arab states have against Iran at present.

This is going to get ugly. Turkey and Iran are anything but friends; the only thing they have in common is oppression of the Kurds. If Iran goes nuclear, Turkey will do so immediately. Probably already working on it. If Iran goes nuclear, some consortium of Arab states will do so as well. Can the wealthier "Stans", then, be far behind?

A nuclear armed Middle East and Central Asia. If ever there was a better recipe for disaster, it would be exceedingly hard to find.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:8, topic:201825"]
Wow! You're willing to see food price go through the ceiling just to get at a few soccer moms?????

It all has to be processed and transported and, of course, it has to be planted, fertilized and harvested...every single one of those things use energy.

And, of course,poor people and working class people would like their homes to be warm, too. But hey! If we can strand those soccer moms, it's all worth it, huh?

[/quote]

that's what it takes to wake the American people up. Stranded minivans, freezing to death and maybe a few bodybags.
Other than that, as long as the average PTA mom has her Rugrats Movie Blu ray Gold edition - they're happy as can be.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:9, topic:201825"]
As are all the Sunni Arab states. (Syria being an exception, since its ruling elites are not Sunni and depend on Iran financially in order to oppress their citizens.)

Israel is, strangely enough, the only reliable bulwark the Sunni Arab states have against Iran at present.

This is going to get ugly. Turkey and Iran are anything but friends; the only thing they have in common is oppression of the Kurds. If Iran goes nuclear, Turkey will do so immediately. Probably already working on it. If Iran goes nuclear, some consortium of Arab states will do so as well. Can the wealthier "Stans", then, be far behind?

A nuclear armed Middle East and Central Asia. If ever there was a better recipe for disaster, it would be exceedingly hard to find.

[/quote]

Proxy nuclear clashes between Sunni and Shia, with twelver undertones. Fun stuff!

[quote="gilliam, post:1, topic:201825"]
Saudi Arabia has conducted tests to stand down its air defences to enable Israeli jets to make a bombing raid on Iran’s nuclear facilities, The Times can reveal.

In the week that the UN Security Council imposed a new round of sanctions on Tehran, defence sources in the Gulf say that Riyadh has agreed to allow Israel to use a narrow corridor of its airspace in the north of the country to shorten the distance for a bombing run on Iran.

To ensure the Israeli bombers pass unmolested, Riyadh has carried out tests to make certain its own jets are not scrambled and missile defence systems not activated. Once the Israelis are through, the kingdom’s air defences will return to full alert.

timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article7148555.ece

[/quote]

When Israel takes out the Iranian nuclear sites nearly every country in the world will publicly condemn them while privately breathing a sigh of releif.

It is just that Sunni Saudi hates Shia Iran more than Jewish Israel… :rolleyes:Sunnis never want to allow a Shiaist country to dominate the Islamic world. :cool:They are just fearful that whether Sunni ideology will become inferior once if Iran becomes a major power.:ehh:

The tactic here is just an old one, enemy’s enemy is your friend…:smiley:

Breathtaking! But it very succinctly tells us how you think.

The sad part is, I’m right.

That’s why I’m for a reinstatement of the draft. PTA moms will start paying attention to US foreign policy then.

The sad part is that you’re judging a bunch of people about whom you know nothing.

Do you really think there are no “PTA moms” with children in the service?

And do you think no “soccer moms” pay attention to U.S. foreign policy?

Sure there are. Not enough.
None of the soccer moms I’ve met know anything except what’s on Nickelodeon, Noggin’ and the Disney Channel.

[quote="TechieJustin, post:17, topic:201825"]
Sure there are. Not enough.
None of the soccer moms I've met know anything except what's on Nickelodeon, Noggin' and the Disney Channel.

[/quote]

Even accounting for the obvious hyperbole, one might consider the possibility that one's circle of acquaintences might benefit from being widened a bit.

I might know already, but obviously I can't read minds, so I'll ask. In what way, exactly, do you think drafting the sons of "soccer moms" will have positive results?

TechieJustin was pretty much spot on about soccer moms. :slight_smile:

He didn’t say to institute the draft on scoccer mom kids. He specifically stated kids of PTA moms. That’s a whole different ballgame! I get it.

[quote="Ridgerunner, post:18, topic:201825"]
Even accounting for the obvious hyperbole, one might consider the possibility that one's circle of acquaintences might benefit from being widened a bit.

I might know already, but obviously I can't read minds, so I'll ask. In what way, exactly, do you think drafting the sons of "soccer moms" will have positive results?

[/quote]

Wow... just wow.
Because the average soccer mom knows less about foreign policy than how her Minivan's DVD player works. Maybe if her precious kids were in the military and have the chance of being sent off to war - and thus coming home in a few ziploc bags, she'll start paying attention.
Honestly, its not that difficult a concept.
Do I have a draw a diagram?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.