Saudi Arabia: No churches unless prophet Mohammed recognised, says expert

Until Jesus is recognized as God, Mohammed will never be considered as a prophet!

Ridiculous !

pakistanchristianpost.com/newsdetails.php?newsid=1114

From the article:

No churches should be permitted in Saudi Arabia, unless Pope Benedict XVI recognised the prophet Mohammed, according to a Middle East expert.

How can the pope recognize Muhammad without a picture to go by?:slight_smile:

“It would be possible to launch official negotiations to construct a church in Saudi Arabia only after the Pope and all the Christian churches recognise the prophet Mohammed.”
“If they don`t recognise him as a prophet, how can we have a church in the Saudi kingdom?”

Hmm, perhaps by making use of the concept of freedom of religion?

Freedom of religion in Saudi Arabia: “You’re free to Muslim. You’re free to be any other religion you want, but we’re free to kill you.”

They still do not allow Jews in Saudi Arabia, even when, during Desert Storm, we sent troops over, they didn’t want any Jews in the US troops sent over and they demanded that Christians not show any ‘religious paraphernalia’. From my understanding, it’s a disgusting state: no freedom of religion and women are mistreated. There was a story about a woman’s school catching on fire and their religious police (they actually have this) wouldn’t let the women leave the burning building because they didn’t have the proper garb on.

These matters are going to get worse before they get better.

Instead of puting a church in SA, we should have bombed it into oblivion since the majority of hijackers were Saudis and NOT Iraqis…

I have not heard this. Do you have a cite?

The 9/11 hijackers were of Saudi descent, but they weren’t envoys of the Saudi government.

Weren’t they?

The Wahhabi control the government. They also have exclusivity on the teaching of Islam. The hijackers from Saudi Arabia therefore were complete influenced by the Wahhabi.

The Wahhabi influence is one of the causes of terrorism. They actively promote it with the help of revenue from oil.

Can you imagine the outrage if modern countries in which the majority of people are Christian demanded that Muslims had to accept Jesus as their Lord and Saviour before building a Mosque?

I don’t suppose they mean the Church declaring Mohamed as a prophet of the dark prince is what they are looking for.

No, they weren’t.

By recognizing Muhammad as a prophet, the pope would essentially be saying that Islam is the true religion and Jesus is not God. So basically, Christians are free to build churches in Saudi Arabia once they become Muslims…or wait, wouldn’t we not need churches anymore at that point?

In Christ,
Rand

All I can think of is Jeremiah 49. This entire chapter talks about what will happen to all the enemies of Israel. The last few verses of this chapter have to do with Hazor, which is what we call Saudi Arabia today. At the end of the list of all the things that will happen to Hazor, Jeremiah has this to say:

Hazor shall become a haunt of jackals,
a desert forever,
Where no man lives,
no human being stays
.”

Methinks the sentiment and the screen name form a bit of a mismatch. :wink:

Might want to reconsider if all those millions really deserve to be killed in light of catholic teaching on just war.

Venting has its place, but in print is not it!

I say we recognize Muhammed… as a crazy.

This isn’t the solution. We have to encourage and support the moderate voices within modern Islam.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.