Saul/Paul threatened followers of The Way to follow him otherwise he will come with a ROD (Goad)!!

Saul/Paul threatened followers of The Way** to follow him otherwise he will come with a ROD (Goad)!!

This seems is the reason why Christians now are actually following Paul instead of Jesus.

As per New American Bible of Catholics:

1 Corinthians 4:

[INDENT]14 I am writing you this not to shame you, but to admonish you as my beloved children. 5

15 Even if you should have countless guides to Christ, yet you do not have many fathers, for I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

16 Therefore, I urge you, be imitators of me.

17 For this reason I am sending you Timothy, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord; he will remind you of my ways in Christ (Jesus), just as I teach them everywhere in every church.

18 6 Some have become inflated with pride, as if I were not coming to you.

19 But I will come to you soon, if the Lord is willing, and I shall ascertain not the talk of these inflated people but their power.

20 For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power.

21 Which do you prefer?** Shall I come to you with a rod**, or with love and a gentle spirit?

http://www.vatican.va/archive/ENG0839/__PZ9.HTM#$4AJ

But in Dauay Rheims Latin Bible, same verses are:

14 I write not these things to confound you; but I admonish you as my dearest children.
15 For if you have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet not many fathers. For in Christ Jesus, by the gospel, I have begotten you.

16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me, as I also am of Christ.
17 For this cause have I sent to you Timothy, who is my dearest son and faithful in the Lord; who will put you in mind of my ways, which are in Christ Jesus; as I teach every where in every church.
18 As if I would not come to you, so some are puffed up.
19 But I will come to you shortly, if the Lord will: and will know, not the speech of them that are puffed up, but the power.
20 For the kingdom of God is not in speech, but in power.

21 What will you? shall I come to you with a rod; or in charity, and in the spirit of meekness?

drbo.org/chapter/53004.htm

The words "I have begotten you. are OMITTED in the New American Bible and replaced with words “my beloved children”

Is Paul actaully threatening followers of The Way to follow his gospel and his fathership and his beloved son Timothy ( is the the same Timothy who got circumcised by Paul) otherwise he will come with a rod…!!!

Which Gospel he is talking about? His own gospel or so-called Gospels attributed to certain unknown saints named as Matthew, Mark Luke and John…no wait but these were not written in the period of Paul and they were “canonised” in the 4th century. May be gospel of Judas- the traitor, Thomas or…where is that Gospel?

Is this the same rod/goad he used to persecute the followers of Jesus when he was Saul not Paul and working for Roman authorities?

What were the Hebrew words whose meanings are “Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? It is hard for thee to kick against the goad (pricks)”?[/INDENT]

“To beget” means “to become the father of.”

Is Paul actually threatening followers of The Way to follow his gospel and his fathership and his beloved son Timothy ( is the the same Timothy who got circumcised by Paul) otherwise he will come with a rod…!!!

Short answer is no. The longer answer you maynot be willing to listen to as you surely chopped Holy Scripture to prove an illogical and inaccurate belief.

Start with verse 1 of the chapter, Paul tells us to regard him as a servant of Christ and steward of the mysteries. V2 tells us the stewards are to be trustworthy.

After that, go to Chapter 1 and verse 1 and read the entire epistle to the Corinthians. It will take some time, but should clear up your confusion.

As to the gospels and when they were written. You are off by a few hundred years. Peter in his epistles talks about NT scripture and the earliest listing of scripture to have survived the centuries is from the mid 2nd century. The writtings of the early Church fathers tell us that scripture was closed in the 1st century. Papius (sp) presents evidence that it was closed by 64 AD, the death of Paul and Peter.

So are you looking for information and enlightenment or just tossing grenades?

The OP been thoroughly answered. :thumbsup:

BTW, this thread gives good oppurtunity to explain the Bible for those who do not understand.

The OP has not yet been answered.

**This thread is about Paul’s actual mission of mischieviously derailing Jesus’ prophet-hood and then making followers of the The Way, slaves of Pauline/Pagan Roman’s new cult known/named/labelled as “Christianity”. Labelled by who? Labelled by the enemies of Jesus in Antioch long after Jesus, for the first time.

Jesus was not a Christian nor he preached Christianity. Jesus was a Jew and remained a Jew throughout his whole mission and he did not depart from Judaism. For Eternal Life, his prescription was : Follow the Law (Torah) and be more righteous than the men of letters-Pharisees and scribes.

On the other hand, Paul of Tarsus, a self-proclaimed Pharisee, used to go all the way to the land of Jesus on an unholy mission assigned by the Roman authorities, and persecute the followers Jesus (Jews) while Jesus by putting his own and disciples lives in a life threatening dangerous mode, busy in preaching and reviving the same Law of Moses and the Prophets** with an additional hardship.

Now keep in mind that:

[INDENT]

[Tarsus was already Greek and had a tendency to become more and more hellenized.

The “greatest glory of Tarsus” is that it was the birthplace of St. Paul (Acts 9:11; 21:39; 22:3), who took refuge there after his conversion (Acts 9:30), and was joined by Barnabas (Acts 11:25). It is probable that at the time a Christian community was established there, although the first bishop, Helenus, dates only from the third century; he went several times to Antioch in connexion with the dispute concerning Paul of Samosata (Eusebius, Church History VI.46 and VII.5)."]

newadvent.org/cathen/14461b.htm

So, Paul (when he was Saul) used to “kick against the goad (pricks)” and after Jesus’ departure, he threatened/urged followers of the Way to follow his gospel (which is evidently anti-Torah if you carefully examine his mischievious letters) by immitating him, otherwise he will come with a ROD (GOAD).

Jesus’ mother-tongue was not Greek. All available mansucripts of New Testaments are in Greek. Which means it is hard to know what actually Jesus preached because translations are afterall translations.

Ponder on the two different types of enemosity. One is clear/evident enemosity…in which an enemy openly declares that such and such person is his enemy because he disagrees/dislikes his opponent.This enemoisty is not that dangerous as opposed to :

Other type of enemosity in which an enemy adopts a “friendship” technique. It comes under the cloak of friendship. This is more dangerous than the clear enemosity.

Jesus was a clear enemy of hypocritical behaviour of pharisees and scribes and those Jews who were puppets of Romans and were progeny of killers of their own Prophets.

Paul was initially persecuting/harassing followers of the Way…then after Jesus’ departure, he was with the most dangerous enemosity (which comes under the cloak of friendship). Why? Because it was not easy to stop the Message of Jesus with an open enemosity after a failed attempt to brutally kill/crucify a hero of their time on Cross by the puppets Jews/Romans for whom Paul has been working and because Jesus was saved, did not die on Cross and taken up alive[/INDENT].

This thread was created by a multiple face Muslim poster, whose messenger’s actual mission was to distort Jesus’ true Gospel with the help of a fabricated book falsely ascribed to God almighty. Analyser’s pagan prophet did his best to mislead Christians by replacing the true message of Jesus with his fake stories and presumptions concocted six centuries after Christ.

According to Analyser’s pagan prophet, Jesus was a Muslim preaching the man-made ideology named Islam and predicting the mission of the so-called final messenger of God. However, we know that Jesus was born under the Law as a Jew, and never followed the silly and baseless Islamic assumption that the Torah had been textually corrupted.

Analyser’s pagan prophet knew almost nothing about Jesus’ prophetic mission, which is clear in the vague and incomplete accounts about Jesus in his man-made book called the Koran!

Analyser’s pagan prophet hated Jesus’ true message and Church and made Christians the primary target of his slandering campaign. He told lies about basic Christian tenets and preferred some heresies (like Gnosticism) to the Orthodox teachings of Christ’s apostles. He hated both Jews and Christians so much that he commanded his followers to rob and murder non-Muslims for humiliation (Surah 9:29).

Analyser’s pagan prophet could speak and understand only Arabic. This is why he had no access to the New Testament and adopted some stories about Christ’s infancy from apocryphal Gospels written in Arabic. As a result of his ignorance, he also made several mistakes while trying to adapt (through perversion) some accounts in the Bible to his fabricated book.

If we ponder over two types of enemosity, Analyser’s pagan prophet definitely chose the second option by only pretending to confirm Jesus’ message and His mission. He primarily appeared to be a supporter of Christ against Jews and an ally of Jesus’ followers. His friendship technique managed to deceive many people as his hatred toward Christ had been temporarily concealed through a few verses supposedly praising Jesus. He later revealed his enemosity when he claimed that people could learn about Jesus ONLY through HIS book called the Koran!

Jesus was a clear enemy of hypocrites and liars who wanted to make themselves rulers over people through lies. This suffices to prove that Jesus never endorses the words and actions of Analyser’s pagan prophet. On the day of Judgment, Jesus will be ashamed of Analyser’s pagan prophet and cast him out to the darkness, where he will constantly cry and gnash his teeth. AMEN.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.