"Saul Saul why are you persecuting me?"

Hello everyone! I’m not very good at navigating the bible, but I need to write a summary on Saint Paul. I was wondering if someone could find the whole conversation between Jesus and Paul and post it here. Thanks!

Acts 9 I believe…welcome to the forum!

Hi Cello Player, the account is actually told a few times in Acts:

Acts 9:3-7

Acts 22:6-11

Acts 26:12-18

Hope that helps.

Jonathan

Thanks guys! It was very helpful.

Just to throw a spanner in the works:
Translation vary in what they include in Acts 9.

[BIBLEDRB]Acts 9:5[/BIBLEDRB]

the second section "It is Hard for thee to kick against the Goad"
is present here in very few translations. it is present in the later re-telling's.

It references a Greek saying of the time which meant that it would be self destructive for a person to fight against the will of God, in the same way it would be bad for a Cow or Ox to kick back against a cattle-prod - which at the time was a big scythe like metal spike. (The ox could easily cripple itself by doing so).

For future reference: you can easily find stuff like this with a Bible search engine.

Such as this one: RSV-CE with keyword search.

Or just type a phrase in Google, and you will get a number of different translations.

I also find that there are 2 very usefull tools for when you need to compare translations:
VeritasBible.com
and
Bible.CC

The first is a catholic website, the other is not, but lists a wider range of translations.
These sites let you put any bible passage sided by side across multiple translations and includes some commentaries.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.