Sault Ste. Marie Catholic School Board Using Gender-Confused H1N1 Vaccine Consent Form

SAULT STE. MARIE, Ontario, November 26, 2009 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board (HSCDSB) has allowed students to take home the Algoma Public Health student H1N1 vaccination consent form which includes, in the line asking for the gender of the student, "other; unknown; transgender," as well as male and female.

Algoma Public Health indicated that the collection of information on other genders besides male and female in the Health Unit's jurisdiction was a requirement of the Ontario Ministry of Health.

lifesitenews.com/ldn/2009/nov/09112606.html

To contact the Huron-Superior Catholic District School Board with your concern:

John Stadnyk, Director of Education
90 Ontario Avenue,

Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, P6B 6G7

Phone: 705-945-5600

Toll Free: 800-267-0754,

Fax: 705-945-5405
Email: [EMAIL="jstadnyk@hscdsb.on.ca"]jstadnyk@hscdsb.on.ca[/EMAIL]

I highly recommend that everyone on here contact this school and express your concerns to this school. We cannot allow such things to happen! This is disgusting! Transgender is not a gender! It is an immoral gender identity categorization. Of course, it is not a gender but I think most people would still qualify it as a gender identity categorization. That said, those who are transgender are so either because they are just outright immoral or because they suffer from gender identity disorder, a mental disorder!

I’m pretty sure that people who have decided to undergo the surgery to become another gender would prefer to be identified by that gender, not by the fact that they were once something else. It just doesn’t make sense to include it as an option.

in the first place the proper place for your complaint is the county health system that issued the consent form, not the school. In the second place, if you are not attending that school, your children do not attend the school, or you are not a resident of that county, there is no point in protesting anything. They will listent to their own constituency, not to outsiders. In the third place. unless you know for a fact that law in that place has not mandated that language, you are still suggesting a fruitless action, because the place to direct your complaint would be the authors of that law.

Protest and petitions and boycotts for the sake of themselves are useless in any political battle and a waste of valuable time, effort and tactical resources. If you are genuinely interested in change get involved in strategies that actually effect change.

knee jerk response to pleas like this deflects interest and attention from the real issues.

[quote="seagal, post:2, topic:177679"]
I'm pretty sure that people who have decided to undergo the surgery to become another gender would prefer to be identified by that gender, not by the fact that they were once something else. It just doesn't make sense to include it as an option.

[/quote]

Thats the logical response, not the OP's. I happen to be gender dysphoric also, and take umbrage to being catagorized as evil.

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:177679"]

I highly recommend that everyone on here contact this school and express your concerns to this school. We cannot allow such things to happen! This is disgusting! Transgender is not a gender! It is an immoral gender identity categorization. Of course, it is not a gender but I think most people would still qualify it as a gender identity categorization. That said, those who are transgender are so either because they are just outright immoral or because they suffer from gender identity disorder, a mental disorder!

[/quote]

HOLLY, Perhaps you may not be aware that a question on a government form cannot hurt anyone but that some of the things that you said can and probably did. :( I have worked with kids that have these issues and they are as deserving of love and respect as anyone else. If Jesus did not judge, why should you?

[quote="Holly3278, post:1, topic:177679"]

[/quote]

Ok since you seem to be an expert on this issue, where are your credentials? You degrees in psychology or social work.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.