SAVED? Phamplets

Dear All:

My wife was recently handed an “Are you Saaaved?” phamplet at her latest doctor appointment. Of course, it referenced Romans 4:3 and the once and for all Justification of Abraham. I know that the Catholic version of Justification is as a process based on three Justification events in Abrahams life…

Hebrews 11:8 references Gen 12
Romans 4:3 references Gen 15:6
James 2:21 & Hebrews 11:17 reference Gen 22

Please don’t think that I am any sort of expert on this topic, I just finished Tim Staples Justification tape set (LOL!)…

Anway, are there any phamplets available that I could hand back to one of these kind hearted people that illustrates the Catholic understanding of Justification??? This once and for all Justification is a founding pillar of Protestantism and me thinks it has a crack in it.

Mike
Been Saved!!!
Being Saved!!!
Plan on cooperating with God’s Grace and continuing to be Saved!!!

Remember folks, it’s a PROCESS, not a one time event!!! Good thing too since we rarely get things right in one try - LOL!!!

How about this one from our host CA?catholic.com/library/Assurance_of_Salvation.asp

Assurance of Salvation?

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/p-CT402.html?L+scstore+cpnb6980ff96ff96+1114272436

God Bless,
Maria

Great articles, but not really what I was after. I was hoping for a Catholic version of the phamplet that was handed to my wife. It’s cute and all - maybe 4 pages long and 2" X 3"… Lots of pretty pictures. I threw it away or I would scan it in and post it. I can honestly see how people can be taken in by such things. Well printed, well presented simple arguments. How would the average person know that a core Biblical concept is being mis-represented???

Check out this thread:

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=29642

geocities.com/peterpaulmin/Tract12.html

catholic-jhb.org.za/tracts/introductory.htm (Scroll down for ordering info)

newadvent.catholiccompany.com/product_detail.cfm?ID=2485

xavierpublishing.com/page2.html

AND, I know there are others as I have seen them!! IF I go to a Catholic store anytime soon, I’ll check out the distributor and get back to you with the info. In the meantime, I hope this helps. …P.S., I don’t know the legitimacy of these sites, at a quick glance, they look okay, though. GOOD LUCK!!

grottopress.org/Tracts/tracts.html

these are excellent! I bought the Assortment pack for mt Parish’s literature rack

[quote=RichSpidizzy]grottopress.org/Tracts/tracts.html

these are excellent! I bought the Assortment pack for mt Parish’s literature rack
[/quote]

These were the ones I was trying to find.

Yes, that is what I was looking for. They look a little dated, but I will probably get some and pass them around. I was hoping for one that clearly spelled out the Justification of Abraham as a process, but these will likely do. THANKS!!!

What is a Phamplet???

[quote=Elliott]What is a Phamplet???
[/quote]

A misspelling of pamphlet… wiseguy

[quote=maesoph]Yes, that is what I was looking for. They look a little dated, but I will probably get some and pass them around. I was hoping for one that clearly spelled out the Justification of Abraham as a process, but these will likely do. THANKS!!!
[/quote]

They’re not really dated (The pamphlet on contraception is brand new), they are just cheaply produced to keep the costs down which gives them that dated look.

Our Sunday Visitor also has a good selection of pamphlets you can hand out. They are a little more colorful and less “dated” looking. Click on the here and then click on the pamphlet link (Third link down on the right. Unfortunately, I can’t link directly to the pamphlet section)

[quote=RichSpidizzy]grottopress.org/Tracts/tracts.html

[/quote]

AWESOME…Thanks … I just placed an order too.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.