Saw this on Dr.Phil, ( Prayers for children )

On Dr.Phil they are doing a show on a group of people who were abused as children. Its pretty sad what happened. It REALLY affects them decades later. So here is the thread to pray for them! :slight_smile:

Lord be with those who have suffered abuse. Help them to heal and to know the truth about themselves. That they are your children and you love them unconditionally. Help them to know that they are survivors and that they can become light to those who have or are being abused.

Yep, and for those of you who don’t believe that abuse causes problems later in life, look at me. I witnessed the abuse of my mom by an alcoholic dad and later was physically and emotionally abused by a step-dad in my teen years. I now suffer from major depression, borderline personality disorder, and anxiety disorder which are largely the result of the abuse I suffered. But don’t take my word for it, my therapist agrees with me. That said, let’s pray for all those who were abused.

Praying very hard for them!

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Jeus Please be with these children who have been abused, for they need your more than any body.

As well please be with the abusors for they know not what they do.

Our Father who are it heaven hallwoed be thy name, thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven give us this day our daily bread. And foregive us our tresspasses as we foregive those who tresspass against us, and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen

Lord, don’t let the survivors of abuse leave this world without knowing the love that You have for them through the intercession of Your servants. No one should come to feel as though love, freely given, is beyond their grasp. Help us all to bind these wounds.

Praying for them and all victims of abuse.

Praying very hard for the precious children!

Praying for them all.

Thank you for this opportunity to add our prayer to yours for people whose lives and sense of self have been wounded by abuse

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.