My sister Sarah has been suffering from swollen tonsils on and off for quite some time, and the problem seems to have come to a head at the worst possible time.
She is all by herself in Raleigh, NC, and my husband and I are the nearest relatives about 6 hrs away. She is a straight A student on full scholarship, but if she ends up needing surgery right away, she would have to drop this semester’s classes (or beg for mercy from the profs) and it could jeopardize part of her scholarship.:eek:
Please pray the swelling goes down and she is able to delay the surgery until Christmas break so she can be at home with my parents with someone to look after her while she recovers, and so she doesn’t have to deal with missing several weeks of classes.
If she does need surgery now, I want to go down there for a little while… but I was just away for almost two weeks caring for my grandmother, and my husband of 4.5 months has expressed his strong disapproval of another such trip
Prayers humbly appreciated by a very concerned big sister