Scapular

Hello everyone. So here’s my dilemma. I wear two Crucifixes. The one I wear beneath my shirt is a gift from my Priest, and the one I wear outside my shirt is a gift from my Gram. I used to wear a Scapular, but it would get horrible tangled and eventually wore out (and it’s replacement broke.) I would like to return to this devotion. But I still want to be able to wear my other two Crucifixes. Any suggestions?

Also, anyone have any good links or explanations of the Scapular. What about the different kinds? What are the obligations once enrolled? Thanks everyone!
Jacob V.

This is very informative about the Brown Scapular:

carmelnet.org/scapular/scapular.htm

some people attach a crucifix to the scapular :slight_smile: and so wear them together.

here’s some more info :slight_smile:
fisheaters.com/scapulars.html

God bless

This is what I would suggest.
Take the crucifixes off their chains and attach one to the front and one to the back of your scapular. The extra weight can help it from moving around so much, too. Or, if you have an active lifestyle, get a scapular medal and put all three of them on the same chain. I’ve read that no miracles are associated with the medal but it’s okay to substitute it for the scapular if you have a worthy reason to.

Thank you all very much! I’ve just had this “spark” ignite inside me a hunger for more information about the Scapular. I feel as if I’m called to wear it, almost as if the Blessed Virgin herself is asking me! :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.