and am scared to die

i cant get them out of my thoughts
i know God loves us but am scared am going to hell
i am seeing a therapist at the moment but i only see her every 2 weeks
we are working on my OCD and the rest of my mental health
i have only seen her twice i know i need help
but right now am too scared to move

Hi EMILY,

I think that we all worry about what is going on in the world, but if you think about it, only GOD really knows;
and I don’t believe for one minute that He just plans to throw us away!
I mean, think about it—He created us because He loves us,

So that means that whatever is coming is going to be a blessing to us in the end and what ever comes to us
in the meantime, we can ask Him to help us make it and He will!

Hey, as to blasphemous thoughts, they seem to be in the air and everywhere,
so you sure don’t have a corner on those!

EMILY, the only way you are going to go to Hell is if you refuse God’s Forgiveness and in case you think that
you can do that on the spur of the moment and then you lose everything,
well you are wrong!

God see’s you very clearly, and He knows what is running through your mind, He created you! So
He is not going to allow a bad day to send you to Hell! Or a bad week either!

Now I don’t have OCD, but I have found that praying a nice quiet rosary in the quiet of the day,
is just the thing to help me hear clearly and rest in the Lord. If that’s too long for you,
then pick a Psalm and just say the words quietly. Find one
that really speaks to you!

Do you know how I have handled things when I really messed up? One time I sat on
the end of my bed, folded my hands and said; “Well Lord, I really made a mess
this time. Would you please help me fix it?
And He did!!

Take a deep breath, EMILY, and just take things a step at a time. Maybe it would help to write in a Journal.
It helped me because then when the Lord blessed me, I would remember
and be encouraged when I reread it later on.

At the end of my marriage, I was really broken, but I knew I had to do something positive to
help myself, so at the end of each day I wrote down five things that I was grateful for.
ONLY FIVE THINGS!

Like, I was grateful for the sunshine, I was grateful for my having peace even if it was just for a short time, ,
I was grateful for the beautiful little flower that bloomed on the bush,
I was grateful that God loves me enough to help me heal, etc. Doing this
will allow gratefulness to grow in your heart!

EMILY, YOU ARE GRATEFUL BECAUSE YOU HAVE A NEW LIFE THAT IS JUST
BEGINNING!*

Emily

:hug1:

I’m so sorry you’re feeling like this. Can you make an appointment to see your therapist more often? Maybe talking to a family member or a Priest may help.

And remember, we’re always here at CAF to support you :slight_smile:

Lou

Dear Emily,

Please take a deep breath and be kind to yourself. Know this, there are many on CAF who suffer similar. Here is a link kindly shared by Kathrin on another Thread fatherdoyle.files.wordpress…-treatment.pdf and also the November newsletter from Scrupulous Anonymous mission.liguori.org/newsletters/scrupanon.htm. Kathrin also offered some advice which may be helpful

It may help to ask yourself: Did I WANT to think them in my head, or was it rather that I couldn’t resist, because the urge/intrusion was so strong?

I think I have experienced that before, it goes so fast and it makes you think a thought a bit longer than just a flash of a second, but still with the feeling of a kind of… like it just feels almost pointless (I wonder there too sometimes, should one try harder, or is it not possible?) to totally resist it because it is so strong, I know I will at least think PART of even though I don’t want to, i don’t enjoy it… the thought or feeling itself is also part of the INTRUSION, without my consent I hope (I also have insecurities in this area still sometimes) but I know at least part of it will forumulate in my brain, because it just goes so fast…and it seems like totally blocking it off is near impossible…and I just let it pass… Not sure if I said that right.
Maybe there are ways to block it off before it manifests, like immediately put another image into your head and hold on to it strongly… as I said earlier, maybe a STOP sign… or a psoitive image, like a sunset or something, I think i ahve tried that before.

I thinkt he important thing is that we fight those thoughts but without fearing them so much that the fear makes them stronger.
Does that make sense or am I wrong?

and

One problem is that the more we fear such instrusive thoughts, the more attention we give to them, the more they seem to come… and as somebody else mentioned, most if not all people have such thoughts once in while, but somebody who doesn’t suffer from scrupulosity might just shrug them off and forget it again… while somebody who is scrupulous might start to wodner about its sinfulness, and FEAR it will happen again… which by itself makes it likely to happen again…

I would very much recommend you to read Father Doyle’s “Scruples and their tretament”; there are very helpful things in their, for me they were anyway:

fatherdoyle.files.wordpress…-treatment.pdf

Plus of course talk to a trusted priest. Who can give you advice exactly for your situation, and whom you can trust, certainly more than strangers on the interent

Will pray that God blesses and strengthens you.

Don’t be scared, Emily. Jesus is holding the entire world in his hand. Know that as long as You are striving to please Him, You will NEVER be in danger. Jesus is God, and yes He is King, yet He is the sweet King. The King Who wants to jump into your heart and your arms, only if you let Him though. Surrender this fear Emily. Surrender this fear into His Sacred Heart, which is on fire with Love for You and on fire with Love for the world. Surrender all Your anxiety into His Hands. I suffer from it myself, yet You will find that if You take it to Jesus Crucified, He will never refuse it or you. Don’t be scared Emily, those Hands are stretched out on the Cross because He loves You. Tell me, would those arms ever hurt you? They are stretched out and fastened to wood with nails because He loves You so very much. Those arms are open to embrace You. His Head is bent forward to kiss You. He loves You very much Emily, know that much. You very well might not feel it, yet He so very much loves You.

Praying for your intentions.

Emily, sorry you are feeling scared. About having bad thoughts, I have those sometimes and I find if I just say a Hail Mary it will go away, I’ll start thinking of something else. I like that Hail Mary because it asks our Mother to “pray for us NOW and at the hour of our death.” I like asking her to pray for me NOW!!!

If it doesn’t go away I keep saying the Hail Mary until it does…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

I’m praying it for you, Emily! :slight_smile:

Thank you all for repling to me and helping me
sometimes when am ill i get scared very easily
things like the world coming to an end is a big phobia of mine
i cant watch films about the world coming to an end as it triggers me a lot
i am unsure if i can see my therapist sooner
my husband is also my carer he tried to calm me down last night iended up having to take something to calm me down i ended up going to bed and the thoughts where still there and it took me a while to get to sleep
My OCD makes things hard for me
I prayed last night in bed i asked for Jesus to protect me and to help others who have OCD
i am going to make a post on the prayer forums soon

Thank you all for posting
I am calmer now after a good nights sleep
I will pray the rosery and pray for you all

Hi Emily,

I am so sorry that you have been feeling afraid.

((Hugs)) to you.

Whenever I feel afraid and troubled, I pray, too.

I pray for calm and comfort, then.

May God bless both you and your husband, Emily.

We’re thinking about you too, here, on the Forum. :slight_smile:

Thank you
i kept praying and now most of the fear is gone
I am also praying for those with OCD
sometimes the fear takes over everything
But i pray to Jesus and the virgin Mary
to help me cope with my fear
I have posted a pray requested called for those who are scared
please could you please pray

If you don’t want to be afraid of death, read my Scripture passage below and do what it says. And please find a traditional priest to give you spiritual guidance, as you work with your doctor. God bless you.

AND yes, we can pray…

Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses,
As we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women
And blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
As it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be world without end. Amen.

Emily;
I have suffered with your same fear, so I know exactly how you feel. :hug1: What may help is praying right after you take Communion, because Jesus is literally with you at that moment. I hadn’t until recently realized that directly after Communion was probably the best time to pray (for something like fear) In His own words: “Come, all you who are weary, and I will give you rest.” And in the hymn… “Be not afraid, I go before you always, come follow Me, and I will give you rest.” I think of these things. Asking Jesus to take away your fear (as I have done) is a very comforting way to ask for peace of mind, heart, and soul. It certainly won’t hurt. Praying for you…:signofcross:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.