Scared to Death - Please Pray

Hello everyone. I am an eighteen year old girl who is at her wit’s end. Let me give you the history first, before I explain the current issue.

When I was eleven, I got along with everyone in our neighborhood; we were all friends. But all heck broke loose when a family moved in next to my two friends. The daughter (let’s call her Sally) and her brother (we’ll refer to him as Dan) befriended my two neighbors, and they almost instantly turned against me. It went from silly bullying (name calling, for example) to some pretty terrifying stuff. Sally tried to get into some physical confrontations with me, but I refused, as I am not a violent individual and only believe in it as a last resort. She (and my former friends) began following me and my one friend everywhere, and would sit and watch us as we hung out together. Dan, before things escalated, touched me in a sexual way when I was only eleven and he was ten…I went home crying and my father yelled at him for doing such a thing; I believe this is what started it all.

At any rate, my former friends (who Sally and Dan befriended) have since moved, and things calmed down for a time. Sally is now around the age of twenty and Dan is about seventeen. I thought they had grown up.

Two summers ago, I went outside at 11pm to let my dog out on my front lawn. Looking over, I noticed a young man squatting down and aiming a rifle at me. I was 99.9% sure it was Dan. I was frightened and quickly ushered my dog and mother (who was also outside with me) back into the house. My mom was afraid to call the police because of retaliation (and as we look back, we really regret it). But the next day, we thought better of it and went to the cops. They said they couldn’t do anything because there was no proof it was him.

This past summer, my father went into our garage and discovered a bullet hole in our garage window. He instantly called the cops and the officer said that it came from the direction of Sally and Dan’s house. This scared me even more. The police, yet again, said that there was nothing they could do, because they could not prove that he was the one who did it.

Well, two days ago, my friend and I went to a grocery store, and I saw Sally and two of her friends there. We did not confront each other; in fact, I quickly ushered her out of the way so they would not see us. However, when I got to my car, I saw that Sally had parked right next to me. Mind you, this was at 8:30pm…there were not many cars in the lot. Call me paranoid, but I do not think that this was a coincidence. The next day, I went out to my car and noticed a scratch…what I thought was a key mark. Well, that was the last straw. I went to the police again and was made to wait for hours, only to face a cop who laughed at me. I was made to explain the whole sexual situation with Dan in front of many other people, because the cop did not take me into a private, back room. I was humiliated and felt like a fool.

Now, I am completely at a loss about what I should do. I am frightened that they will harm me or one of my family members. Things like sitting in front of my window scare me, because I am worried about being shot…I honestly feel like crying as I write this. I am so frightened. My parents are older, and neither are particularly well…I am so afraid that something will happen to them because of Sally and Dan. Their mother (parents are divorced) is a horrible, horrible woman and a pathetic sight to behold. She is no better than her children, is vulgar and has tried to cause problems for my poor mother who was only trying to stand up for me and my friends.

I also recently heard from one of my friends that, not too long ago, Sally threatened her and shoved her, because she was dating a guy who Sally was interested in. So this just confirms my feelings and worries that Sally has no problem being violent with others.

Please pray for me. As the days go on, I become more and more paralyzed with fear. And please pray for Sally and Dan…I cannot…I am too angry to pray, but I know prayer could only help their horrible family situation.

Any advice in regard to what I should do is completely welcome, as well. I greatly appreciate all the help this community has given to me in the past, and I just want to thank you all in advance for your kind answers.

God bless

Oh my Lord, I am so so sorry and I will keep you and your family in my prayers.
The only advice I can offer you Is to document absolutely everything, no matter how small. The police may take the situation more seriously if you brought an attorney with you next time to file a report because these people are clearly harassing you. Please seek legal advice. You May be able to get a restraining order and there will be serious consequences for them should they violate it.

Praying for you.I hope you can get a restraining order against Sally and Dan.

[quote="runwaymodel, post:2, topic:276433"]
The only advice I can offer you Is to document absolutely everything, no matter how small. The police may take the situation more seriously if you brought an attorney with you next time to file a report because these people are clearly harassing you. Please seek legal advice. You May be able to get a restraining order and there will be serious consequences for them should they violate it.

[/quote]

Agreed. A restraining order is the answer here. Then, it will be much easier to have these two arrested if they should violate the order by having any kind of contact with you.

[/quote]

Yes, document everything! You want date, time, frequency, etc. And it wouldn't hurt to consult with an attorney. The initial consultation is usually free of charge, at least you can figure out where you stand and what type of information you will need to gather.

I'm praying that the Lord will send Mighty Angels to protect you and your family.

:gopray:

Lord, hear our prayer.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Remember oh most gracious Virgin Mary that never was it known that anyone who fled to thy protection, implored thy help, or sought thine intercession was left unaided. Inspired with this confidence I fly unto thee oh Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To thee I come, before thee I stand, sinful and sorrowful. Oh Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions but in thy mercy hear and answer me. Amen.

Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle, be our safeguard against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him we humbly pray and do thou oh prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, cast into Hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us and lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.

I agree with the previous post seek the restraining order it will only help you. You must however pray for these people also as you can see they need it repay bad with good and i assure you i will pray for you and them God bless, strengthen, and comfort you.

Sacred Heart of Jesus
We place our trust in Thee

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Oh my goodness! You are in my thoughts and prayers, as are the people causing you all this pain.

Assist us, O Lord our God; and defend us evermore by the might of Thy holy Cross,
in whose honour Thou makest us to rejoice. Through Christ our Lord.

Courageous St. Dymphna, your strength was from God. His grace enabled you to resist evil, and to prefer exile to a life of sinful luxury. Christ's own power preserved you faithful to Him in life and in death. In your kindness help us to imitate your example in little things, and gain for us fortitude to bear with the misfortunes we meet, and strength to overcome our weakness. Amen.

May Christ support us all the day long, till the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes, and the busy world is hushed, and the fever of life is over and our work is done. Then in his mercy may he give us a safe lodging, and holy rest and peace at the last.

Soul of Christ, sanctify me.
Body of Christ, save me.
Blood of Christ, inebriate me.
Water from the side of Christ, wash me.
Passion of Christ, strengthen me.
O good Jesus, hear me.
Within Thy wounds hide me.
Permit me not to be separated from Thee.
From the wicked foe defend me.
At the hour of my death call me,
and bid me come to Thee
that with Thy saints I may praise Thee
for ever and ever.

Sacred Heart of Jesus, protect us. Sacred Heart of Jesus, strengthen us.

[/quote]

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Our Father,
who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name;
thy kingdom come;
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread;
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
Amen!

The Lord is all we have**
In Him we trust
In Him we hope!

God Our Father
Send Saint Michael the Archangel,
to protect lovedance4ever and her family against this danger to their very lives.
If it be Your Holy Will, divert this threat from them and let this miracle work to strengthen their faith in You, that they may serve You better in this world and in the world to come.
Amen!

Please be assured of my prayers for your and your family, as well as for Sally and Dan. I would agree with what others said here–document everything.

And, though it may seem like sketchy advice to some–have you ever thought of suggesting to your father that he buy a small gun for the house for protection? In all honesty, the police don’t seem to be extremely helpful.

Remember, O most loving Virgin Mary,
that never was it known,
that anyone who fled to your protection,
implored your help, or sought your intercession,
was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence,
though burdened by my sins,
I fly to you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother.
To you I come, before you I stand,
sinful and sorrowful.
O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
despise not my petitions, but in your mercy,
hear and answer me.
Amen.

[quote="Morwenna, post:6, topic:276433"]
I'm praying that the Lord will send Mighty Angels to protect you and your family.

:gopray:

Lord, hear our prayer.

[/quote]

Amen!

I’m about to attend Sunday mass. I’ll hear mass for you and your mother, and will pray a rosary for you when I come home.

May the peace of Christ fill your heart and your life.:gopray:

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

Sacred Heart of Jesus

If you are fearing for your life and are otherwise depressed and distressed, please seek professional medical and legal advice.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.