Scared :(

I am so sorry to ask for your help again, you have already done so much for me. My faith is on very shaky ground at the moment, I just feel no joy and get no comfort from it and this is scaring me :frowning: I feel as if I have been totally abandoned and I just dont know what to do :bighanky:

Why God wants us to be in community and not alone! We cannot rely on our feelings - they don’t reflect whether we are in a state of grace or not. But when we are tired or depressed or cannot even speak our own prayers, we can rest on the faith of the Church, and on the prayers of our fellow believers. So don’t apologize for asking! It is what He wants us to do.

Remember the crippled man whose friends carried him to see Jesus, even opening the roof to get past the crowds?

Lord, I do hold this tender soul before you, Fill it with your peace and joy. Grant rest and hope. Open our sister’s eyes to see the chariots of fire that surround her. Let her know the strength of the everlasting arms buoying her up. Send a faithful servant to come alongside her and show her your love.

Our Lady, Mother of all the lonely, pray for us.

St. Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle.
Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray,
and do thou,
O Prince of the heavenly hosts,
by the power of God,
thrust into hell Satan,
and all the evil spirits,
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.

I’ll pray for you today, Star Maiden.

Here is a prayer which I hope will be of help to you:

Lord, I wish to believe in You.

Let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.

Let my faith be free.
Let my faith be strong;
let it not fear the difficulties or the problems
of which the experience of our life,
eager for light, is full;
let it not fear the hostility of those who question it,
attack it, reject it, deny it,
but let it be strengthened in the intimate proof of Your truth;
let it resist the attack of criticism.

Let my faith be joyful and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God and conversation with all.

Amen.

catholicdoors.com/prayers/english4/p02961.htm

Our Father, Who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come.
Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou amongst women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

O Lord, teach Thy handmaiden that faith is not founded on joy or peace but on the truth, and that You are the Truth Itself. Amen.

I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
Creator of heaven and earth; and in Jesus
Christ, His only Son, our Lord: Who was
conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the
Virgin Mary; suffered under Pontius
Pilate, was crucified, died and was buried.
He descended into hell; the third day He
rose again from the dead; He ascended
into heaven, is seated at the right hand of
God the Father Almighty; from thence He
shall come to judge the living and the
dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the
Holy Catholic Church, the communion of
Saints, the forgiveness of sins, the
resurrection of the body, and life
everlasting. Amen.

Blessed Lord, it was you who called out to the disciples as they were rocked to and fro on the Sea of Sin, saying, “Fear not, it is I!” And it was you who told these same disciples in the Upper Room, “Do not let your hearts be troubled…have faith in me!” During this time of Pentecost, Lord, grace all of those who are troubled in spirit with your comforting Spirit, especially Star Maiden, that she may find peace, call out to her as you did your disciples when they were also afraid, and strengthen her that she may carry forward with her life in your Love.

Blessed Mother, hear our prayers!

StarMadien I am so sorry :console: Please know that I will say a prayer for you. My faith is like this too. Please know that the very act of caring that your faith is shaky is in itself a huge prayer. Your tears are prayers. I notice you have a picture of St. Therese in your signature, she, too, had great trials of faith. She had periods where she did not feel or see God. Long periods of time. She writes about everything you just wrote about. I will say a prayer for you through the intercession of St. Therese. :slight_smile:

Praying hard for you StarMaiden.

Thank you all :slight_smile:

Lord guide your daughter to where you wish her to be, allow her to feel loved as she passes through this desert. Mary watch over her and guide her ever closer to your son. Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with you. Blessed are you among women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus. holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Lord, I wish to believe in You.

Let my faith be full and unreserved,
and let it penetrate my thought,
my way of judging Divine things and human things.

Let my faith be free.
Let my faith be strong;
let it not fear the difficulties or the problems
of which the experience of our life,
eager for light, is full;
let it not fear the hostility of those who question it,
attack it, reject it, deny it,
but let it be strengthened in the intimate proof of Your truth;
let it resist the attack of criticism.

Let my faith be joyful and give peace and gladness to my spirit,
and dispose it for prayer with God and conversation with all.

Amen.

(thanks M)

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners,
now, and at the hour of our death. Amen.

An Act of Petition
from the Small Roman Missal

ADORABLE Saviour, “in Whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, and all the fullness of the Godhead dwelleth corporally,” consider my many wants, and grant me those graces which Thou knowest I stand in need of to do Thy will in all things.

Thou knowest my weakness and the necessity which I endure; in how great evils and vices I am immersed: how often I am oppressed, tempted, troubled and defiled. To Thee I come for remedy. I pray to Thee for comfort and succour. I speak to Him that knows all things; to Whom all that is within me is manifest, and Who alone can perfectly comfort and help me. Thou knowest what good things I stand most in need of, and how poor I am in virtues.

Behold I stand before Thee poor and naked, begging Thy grace, and imploring Thy mercy. Feed Thy hungry suppliant; inflame my coldness with the fire of Thy love; enlighten my blindness with the brightness of Thy presence.

Prayer to the Sacred Heart of Jesus
by St. Gertrude the Great

O Sacred Heart of Jesus, fountain of eternal life, Your Heart is a glowing furnace of Love. You are my refuge and my sanctuary. O my adorable and loving Savior, consume my heart with the burning fire with which Yours is aflamed. Pour down on my soul those graces which flow from Your love. Let my heart be united with Yours. Let my will be conformed to Yours in all things. May Your Will be the rule of all my desires and actions.

Shine Through Me
by St. John Neuman

Dear Jesus, help me to spread Your Fragrance everywhere I go. Penetrate and possess my whole being so utterly that all my life may only be a radiance of Yours. Shine through me and be so in me, that every soul I come in contact with may feel Your Presence in my soul: let them look up and see no longer me – but only Jesus.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of God, have mercy on me, a sinner.

Father, please send your Holy Spirit to provide comfort, healing, and guidance to your beloved child.

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, Hallowed be Thy Name
Thy Kingdome come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven
Give us this day our daily bread
Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us
Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil

Thank you all for your continued prayers :slight_smile: I just feel so very tired and I feel no connection to my faith at the moment :frowning:

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Gratitude is the secret to happiness. :slight_smile:
Under Thy Patronage**
Sub tuum praesidium
from the Divine Liturgy (c. 250 A.D.)

We fly to your patronage,
O holy Mother of God;
despise not our petitions
in our necessities,
but from all dangers
deliver us always,
O glorious and blessed Virgin.

Sub tuum praesidium confugimus,
Sancta Dei Genetrix.
Nostras deprecationes ne despicias
in necessitatibus nostris,
sed a periculis cunctis
libera nos semper,
Virgo gloriosa et benedicta.

‘Brother, I am most grateful for the kindness you wished to do me. I appreciate it very highly; but, if God has given me the great sufferings I am enduring, why wish to soothe and lessen them by music? For the love of Our Lord, thank those gentlemen for the kindness they had wished to do me: I look upon it as having been done. Pay them, and send them away, for I wish to endure without any relief the gracious gifts which God sends me in order that, thanks to them, I may the better merit.’

St. John of the Cross

Continued prayers…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.