Scholarly Journals, Reviews and Periodicals

I’m looking to get some subscriptions to scholarly work. I’d prefer it to be Catholic although I don’t mind reading the views of Protestant scholars where Scripture is concerned. I’m most interested in scripture and church history but I’ll basically read anything. Free access is a bonus, but I enjoy getting literature in the mail to sit down with and read. Thanks in advance!

Academia.edu might have something you like

Catholic365.com, I’m a Contributing writer

In no particular order:

• First Things - founded by a Jesuit priest; discusses many contemporary issues of culture and politics; not exclusively Catholic
  • Letter & Spirit - founded by Dr. Scott Hahn; thoroughly Catholic academic journal on biblical studies; comes out once a year (more or less)
  • Communio - founded by von Balthasar, de Lubac, and some guy named “Ratzinger” :wink: What more do you need to know! [note that there are actually a number of journals named “Communio”, so make sure you are looking at the right one]
  • Journal of Moral Theology - comes out of Mount St. Mary’s; covers moral theology (as the name implies)

Another one that hasn’t been mentioned so far: Biblica, a quarterly journal published by the Pontifical Biblical Institute in Rome. Not all the articles are in English, though.

https://www.bsw.org/biblica/

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.