School Chapel...

This week, I have “chapel duty” every morning at my school. I can use something from a book or use my own topic, but I have to have something to pray/talk/think/meditate/etc about. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just need topics, even though I have a few in mind right now. Thanks.

[quote=AsStAnselmPrays]This week, I have “chapel duty” every morning at my school. I can use something from a book or use my own topic, but I have to have something to pray/talk/think/meditate/etc about. Does anyone have any suggestions? I just need topics, even though I have a few in mind right now. Thanks.
[/quote]

Just a few suggestions:

Rosary
Lectio Divina
Writings of the church fathers
7 corporal and 7 spiritual works of mercy
The sacraments

Pray - Talk to Our Father as a child talks to their father. Tell him your troubles, your joys and your concerns and above all -praise and worship Him for all you have been given in this life!

You could then say a Rosary and spend whatever time you have left reading your bible!

May I suggest an in-depth discussion of one Sacrament each day?

I wrote up a decent document about the biblical basis for the Sacrament of Reconciliation if you’re interested. (It’s really just a cut-and-paste job from the various Apologetics sites I’ve found that defend Confession. I didn’t technically “write” anything, but it’s still a good resource.)

PM me your email address if you’re interested. I’ll email you the document when I get home from work.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.