School Clams Up on 'Gay' Pledge Cards Given to Kindergartners

Because it is the first step into the kids mind that the act is OK.

Are you stating we should love the sin?

Barbarian, noting that the card is essentially the teaching of the Church:
Then why does it bother you if it’s written on a card?

Whether you believe that or not, we are still obligated to do what it right.

Because it is the first step into the kids mind that the act is OK.

I do not think the Catechism is an encouragement to sin.

Are you stating we should love the sin?

I’m stating that we must accept homosexuals and avoid any unjust discrimintation against them.

I don’t see how that amounts to “loving the sin.” Neither does the Church, BTW.

I see what’s bothering you. If we follow the Church’s teaching on this, a lot of things that used to happen to homosexuals, won’t happen anymore.

Life won’t be as hard for them, and some people won’t hate them anymore. That’s what the Church wants. You still hate the sin, still teach that it’s wrong. It’s no different than hating the alcoholism of a person whose physiology makes him predisposed to that condition. You don’t hate the person, and you don’t unjustly discriminate against him.

Of course, you don’t give him the keys to your car, either. Some discrimination may be just in some cases. But it should be based on a reality, not one’s personal distaste or fascination for the subject.

I was 17 years old when I learned the meaning of the word homosexual. I had no idea that people had these tendencies.

Why should a child in kindergarten have this vocabulary forced on to them? Why should people be identified by their sexuality? Why can’t people be people and children be children and why can’t society be healthy and pure?

There are so many words that have been removed from usage these days. How about virtue, shame, chastity, purity, gay (gaiety), abstinence, virginity, ashamed, modesty… Some of these words are ridiculed. “She is pure and modest” if understood at all would be the object of ridicule. She would be considered a nerd.

Have parents no rights on how to raise their children? Must the school take over the responsibility of deciding how children should be raised?

Parent should start a movement to get back their power and their freedom of choice and fight those who wish to impose a different morality (can’t I find a better word because it isn’t morality is it?)

Oh man! We just have to pray and ask God to help us. We have to get the Saints and the Angels to join us in our struggle for a better and healthier world for our children>:love: :gopray2: :signofcross: :byzsoc: :highprayer: :crossrc:

Then let the schools teach love your neighbor as yourself without any need for the gay agenda form and materials. It is not necessary.

Ahh, but there’s the rub. You’re not allowed to teach that it’s wrong.

Or you’ll be metaphorically STONED to death.
4 legs good!2 legs bad!:frowning:

Ahh, but there’s the rub. You’re not allowed to teach that it’s wrong.

Not in public schools. But the government has no business approving or disapproving sexual preferences. Churches and homes are for that.

At any rate, if you’re a Catholic, you should be following the Church’s teaching on this matter.

(Barbarian observes that the card expresses what the Church teaches about homosexuals)

Then let the schools teach love your neighbor as yourself without any need for the gay agenda form and materials. It is not necessary.

The Catechism has a “gay agenda?” :eek:

Parents would want to teach their children what is good and beautiful and prepare them for the SHOCK they will have one day when they are introduced into the secular world which is inevitable. Parents would want to give their children a sound formation and this includes respect for ALL people and to love their neighbour. In time parents would have to explain the deviations from the natural (always in a kind and gentle way). Parents teach their children not to mock others. When my children were little there was a little boy whose surname was Rosa (Rose) and he was mentally challenged. My children were instructed to be kind to him. Never to mock him and to defend him when other children mocked him. The children called him Rosinha (little rose which one might use affectionately for a little girl). “Rosinha! Rosinha! Rosinha!” was the chant (my husband is Portuguese and we lived in a Portuguese speaking country in Africa). My children would defend this little boy and it did reduce the torment. I used to instruct my children to be inclusive. If they saw that a child was sitting alone at break, they were to go over and ask them to join their group of friends. A friend of mine in South Africa had named her son Bruno (her husband is Italian) and the TEACHER used to torment this child in the classroom and call him “Bruno the dog” (a comic character - you probably know this). Can you imagine a teacher doing such a thing?

I always said teachers should be there in the playground to look out for things of this nature.

No thank you we parents have the right to determine how our children should be formed.

:slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.