SCIENCE: Scientist calls for death to humanity

Wow. This is simply stunning. I don’t even know what to say at the thought that anyone would advocate such an horrific idea.

"SCIENCE: Scientist calls for death to humanity
by John Ballantyne

A Texas scientist advocates killing nine-tenths of the world’s population by an airborne Ebola virus, writes John Ballantyne.

An award-winning Texas scientist was given a standing ovation after he advocated the extermination of 90 per cent of the Earth’s population by an airborne Ebola virus.

The University of Texas evolutionary ecologist, Dr Eric R. Pianka, was addressing the 109th meeting of the Texas Academy of Science at Lamar University in Beaumont, Texas, in early March, after the academy had named him 2006 Distinguished Texas Scientist."…

Full article here: newsweekly.com.au/articles/2006apr15_s.html

Wow. I wonder how they are going to pick the survivors? Of course, silly unenlightened Catholics would get the virus.

I believe he should be awarded the prize of FBI Surveillance.

Three years old is news?

Next it’ll be the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle’s famous ‘Duke William of Normandy Ate My Hamster!’ headline from 1066.

Sounds like a domestic terrorist threat. Oh, but he is a scientist, so he is exempt from scrutiny, unlike pro-lifers and returning vets. :frowning:

He was interviewed by the FBI.

God: Dr. Pianka this is God
Dr P: What, you don’t exist…
God: Yes I do, and I will do as you ask. I will wipe out most of humanity with ebola virus, Do you agree to this?
Dr; P: Yes.
God: 2 Conditions

1. you and everyone you know will be the first victims.
  2. The survivors will only be christian
    do you accept these conditions
    Dr. P: uhh wait a minute…

I apologize. I didn’t realize the article was from 4/06. I thought it was a relatively current article written about the conference back in 4/06. That being said, even if it is three-year old news, it is still horrific nonetheless.

Very Old news. In fact, here is the original thread (started by me under my old name) here on this:
Meeting Doctor Doom

Disclaimer: Lest anyone be concerned, I was not advocating violence or death upon Dr. P, anyone he knows or has known, or any non-christians.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.