Scientific Evidence for the Eucharistic Miracle of Lanciano

I’m looking up the miracle of Lanciano, and I’ve read that a scientist named Odoardo Linoli ran some tests and confirmed it was a miracle. However, I can’t seem to find the report he published on his findings(the report that everyone quotes concerning Lanciano). Does anyone know where I can find a copy of the original report? Thanks in advance.

therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

Thank you, but I wasn’t specific enough about exactly what I was looking for. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a copy of the original report(the whole thing, not just quotes taken from it).

I haven’t a clue. Perhaps the webmaster of that site would know.

You can find the citation for Linoli’s article here:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/4950729
and here:
worldcat.org/search?q=lanciano+linoli&qt=results_page

Here is the citation for the journal itself:
worldcat.org/title/quaderni-sclavo-di-diagnostica-clinica-e-di-laboratorio/oclc/9357232&referer=brief_results

You’ll find on the World Cat link above that the journal and Linoli’s article are hosted in a number of libraries across the US. If you have a interlibrary loan system at a nearby university, you might be able to save yourself the drive (the closest library is about 2 hours away from me!). Of course, after getting your hands on the article, the next step is learning scholarly medical Italian. Good luck!

[quote="canteendave, post:5, topic:163051"]
...., the next step is learning scholarly medical Italian. Good luck!

[/quote]

Oh My! Good Luck with that one. If medical Italian is anything like Technical Italian, whoa boy he's in for it.

I know. I have a wooden model ship kit from Italy. All the drawings and instructions are in Italian, but, it is Italian for engineers. Everytime I have tried to translate something from Italian into English it usually bombs out on me and leaves me scratching my head. I have used Dictionaries and online translators, all to no avail.

So if this medical Italian is the same then Good Luck with that one.

:thumbsup:

I took your advice and requested the article from my local library. I have it right in front of me. It is very satisfying, finally, having the source document from which all the articles are drawing. Problem is, as you said, it is in Italian (most of it is, anyway - there is a summary in English towards the end which does not reveal much). As I find a way to upload these online, can anyone read Italian and be willing to translate? Or at least give us some information from it that we may not have read in all of the articles?

How long is the article?

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:8, topic:163051"]
How long is the article?

[/quote]

About ten pages of text and another six or so of pictures with Italian captions. It is a lot, I know. It is for an important cause, though. But if that is too much, skimming the document for some choice information will be enough. Beggars can't be choosers!

[quote="Windfish, post:9, topic:163051"]
About ten pages of text and another six or so of pictures with Italian captions. It is a lot, I know. It is for an important cause, though. But if that is too much, skimming the document for some choice information will be enough. Beggars can't be choosers!

[/quote]

I can try to skim it. No promises (only due to work), though;)

[quote="Luigi_Daniele, post:10, topic:163051"]
I can try to skim it. No promises (only due to work), though;)

[/quote]

Hey, like I said, beggars cannot be choosers. :p

I will see what I can do to upload the document somehow. Right now, I am scanning them into the computer and will have to find someway to make them available on the internet.

All-right I have a 94 MB PDF file. What do I do with it? :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: I am uploading it to a file-sharing website. Will be uploaded soon.

All-right, here we go. It may take a while for you to see the download prompt because it is a slightly above average file size.

mediafire.com/?2j2j8qalrmcrlb4

[quote="Windfish, post:7, topic:163051"]
I took your advice and requested the article from my local library. I have it right in front of me. It is very satisfying, finally, having the source document from which all the articles are drawing. Problem is, as you said, it is in Italian (most of it is, anyway - there is a summary in English towards the end which does not reveal much). As I find a way to upload these online, can anyone read Italian and be willing to translate? Or at least give us some information from it that we may not have read in all of the articles?

[/quote]

This is awesome! Thanks for doing this. Another place you could upload it would be Google Docs, and then the PDF would be available for viewing without having to download. I look forward to the translation from whomever is able.

Google Docs, eh? I will check it out.

I have a copy of the PDF too.

mediafire.com/?2j2j8qalrmcrlb4

I will do OCR converting and translate to Portuguese (it´s PDF). Maybe I try too translate to English too. But my english is not so good (I´m Brazilian by the way).

At the end of the article, there´s the summary in English and in French.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.