Scientists announced today that they have created the first successful human-animal hybrids

Scientists announced today that they have created the first successful human-animal hybrids.

news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/01/human-pig-hybrid-embryo-chimera-organs-health-science/

This feels so wrong, like something out of science-ficiton.
First we had transgender, transracial and now we’re going to get transspecies. I am sick of scientists playing God.

Cool, hopefully this will mean fewer people die while waiting for organ transplants.

Hmm… this doesn’t seem to be just aiming for the growth of certain organs within another animal, but to create a true hybrid creature with organs similar enough to a human so as to be compatible. If it’s the latter, it seems incredibly inappropriate and immoral.

Unethical.

Simply unethical.

Wouldn’t a “hybrid” refer to anot organism whose genetics are from two different species? They are trying to make chimera. Unlike a hybrid if a chimera reproduces only the genetics of one species is passed on. There are no new chimeras u less they are manufactured.

On genetic engineering, there are modified bacterial that contain human DNA for producing certain human proteins, like insulin. Prior to this humans needing insulin would inject insulin harvested from pigs.

Ive always felt this would be popular at some point, like a fashion trend, at first it will be celebs and wealthy people, going out and getting ‘enhanced animal features’, like a tail, horns, fangs, etc etc.

I would not be surprised if I see this in my lifetime, although I very much doubt this is the first time this has been done, the nazis were experimenting with trying to create a man/wolf hybrid back in WW2.

How do you get from injecting DNA into pig embryos in pursuit of organ transplant compatibility to grafting horns on someone’s head?

A side point, but…
Do you have an issue with transracial?

Its the first step in ‘introducing’ human/animal hybrids to the people… in the beginning new technologies are used for function, and eventually it trickles down.

Of course things like this are going to be promoted using all the good things it can do, but Id say the real goal is different, in the end, taking God out of the equation or offending him is the goal.

The antichrist is a good example, he is not going to come and announce himself as such, at first hes going to try and fool as many people as possible, same thing happened with Hitler, in the very beginning, all the good he could do was promoted but we all know what the end result was…same logic applies to these kinds of new technologies imo.

I realize many would call this a stretch, but the world we live in today and how crafty the enemy is.

amen.

Interesting article on this:

ncregister.com/site/article/whats-wrong-with-human-animal-chimeras

Some of my good friends are scientific researchers and I can tell you that offending God is not the goal of anything they are doing. That assertion is absolutely insane.

Via conspiracy sites is one route. Which flash up ‘information’ ;such as ‘pig/man’ hybrid. etc. and don’t calmly discuss what the actual procedures involved here are which are rather more mundane than that.

Is this another term for when two people of different ‘races’ marry or similar situatons. I fail to see any moral issues there, pragmatic issues of culture clash maybe but moral issues, no

Originally it referred to the experience of children adopted by a couple of a different race, but then internet trolls (and maybe a few genuinely troubled people) started claiming that “inside I’m really Korean, not white.”

Actually, the Vatican has already looked at this, and it is morally acceptable, under certain criteria

Trangenesis’
15. The use of organs from engineered animals for xenotransplantation raises the need for certain reflections on transgenesis and its ethical implications.

The term “transgenic animal” is used to indicate an animal whose genetic make-up has been modified by the introduction of a new gene (or genes). In contrast, the term “knock out” is used to designate those animals in which a given endogenous gene (or genes) is no longer expressed. In either case, such animals will express particular characteristics which will be transmitted to the offspring.

As we have already observed, the possibility of working out such genetic modifications, using genes of human origin as well, is morally acceptable when done in respect for the animal and for biodiversity, and with a view to bringing significant benefits to man himself. Therefore, while recognizing that transgenesis does not compromise the overall genetic identity of the mutated animal or its species, and reaffirming man’s responsibility towards the created order and towards the pursuit of improving health by means of certain types of genetic manipulation, we will now enumerate some fundamental ethical conditions which must be respected:*

1. Concern for the well-being of genetically modified animals should be guaranteed so that the effect of the transgene’s expression, possible modification of the anatomical, physiological and/or behavioral aspects of the animal may be assessed, all the while limiting the levels of stress and pain, suffering and anxiety experienced by the animal;
  2. The effects on the offspring and possible repercussions for the environment should be considered;
  3. Such animals should be kept under tight control and should not be released into the general environment;
  4. The number of animals used in experiments should be kept to a bare minimum;
  5. The removal of organs and/or tissues must take place during a single surgical operation;
  6. Every experimental protocol on animals must be evaluated by a competent ethics committee.

vatican.va/roman_curia/pontifical_academies/acdlife/documents/rc_pa_acdlife_doc_20010926_xenotrapianti_en.html

I suggest they correct that assumption quite easily by taking a small knife and making a slight incision on a finger and they will find that inside we members of the human race are, leaving gender aside and certain medical conditions, rather similar. They will notice if they then ask a Koren to perform the same experiment a certain red fluid oozing out which should paid to such patent nonsense which is the preserve it would appear of wealthy nations where people have too much time on their hand too devote to banal nonsense of this kind.

Excuse me? Are you on the organ donor list?

As usual, I had a bit of trouble reading the whole the link.:o

However, the info at the top demonstrated that a first successful human-animal hybrid did not occur even with all the hype.
From the top.
“This pig embryo was injected with human cells early in its development and grew to be four weeks old.”

It is scientifically obvious that human cells are matter in space and time. Samples from the human genome are studied. What cannot be put under a microscope, is the very thing (rational spiritual soul) which animates human cells, at conception, into real functioning human nature.

Therefore, injected human cells are not automatically human nature per se. Therefore, intellectually correct, a human-animal hybrid is simply material mater injected into animal material matter.

As usual, I had a bit of trouble reading the whole link.:o[FONT=Calibri][/FONT]

However, the info at the top demonstrated that a first successful human-animal hybrid did not occur even with all the hype.
From the top.
“This pig embryo was injected with human cells early in its development and grew to be four weeks old.”

It is scientifically obvious that human cells are matter in space and time. Samples from the human genome are constantly studied. What cannot be put under a microscope, is the very thing which animates human cells, at conception, into real functioning human nature. Therefore, injected human cells are not automatically human nature per se. Therefore, intellectually correct, a human-animal hybrid is simply material mater injected into material matter.
[FONT=Calibri] [/FONT]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.