Why are some of us skeptical?
- Radiosonde data shows no warming over the past 60 years.
- Satellite temperatures show no warming over the past 20 years.
- Warming shows up when the actual data is adjusted, or when northern stations are left in older sets and taken out of more recent sets. Ignore prior warming periods etc.
- The way handling of it as a political issue vice scientific one including repression/prosecution/silencing of dissension.
- Models based on AGW CO2 don’t match what has actually occurred. When the model doesn’t match reality, it’s not reality that’s wrong.
Then there’s the stated motivations of many of the folks pushing this-
"Have doubts? Then listen to the words of former United Nations climate official Ottmar Edenhofer:
“One has to free oneself from the illusion that international climate policy is environmental policy. This has almost nothing to do with the environmental policy anymore, with problems such as deforestation or the ozone hole,” said Edenhofer, who co-chaired the U.N.’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change working group on Mitigation of Climate Change from 2008 to 2015."
So what is the goal of environmental policy?
“We redistribute de facto the world’s wealth by climate policy,” said Edenhofer."
"Last year, Christiana Figueres, executive secretary of U.N.’s Framework Convention on Climate Change, made a similar statement.
“This is the first time in the history of mankind that we are setting ourselves the task of intentionally, within a defined period of time, to change the economic development model that has been reigning for at least 150 years, since the Industrial Revolution,” she said in anticipation of last year’s Paris climate summit.
“This is probably the most difficult task we have ever given ourselves, which is to intentionally transform the economic development model for the first time in human history.”