Scientology - Cult

No one seems to be discussing this. I would like to know more about this craziness of Scientology. What’s the churches stance on this?

[quote=AmberDale]No one seems to be discussing this. I would like to know more about this craziness of Scientology. What’s the churches stance on this?
[/quote]

Actually we are discussing it in the “In The News” topic.

Here is a link.

forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=63892

Hello,
I think it is very clear what the Catholic Church’s stance would be. We believe Jesus is the one and only way for the salvation of mankind. Scientology, however, teaches that people are souls trapped in bodies and we need Scientology auditing in order to become free. To them, Jesus is just a story that keeps us trapped and unable to be free of the physical world.

When officials from the “church” of Scientology say that you can be a Christian and be a Scientologist, this is just a lie to get people in the door and signed up for Scientology courses.

Jesus never revealed that we needed L. Ron Hubbard’s “technology” in order to be saved. Scientology focuses first on “communication” courses that ex-Scientologists say use mind-control tactics to get people to stop using their critical thinking skills and accept alot of the nonsense that Scientology teaches. (Please see www.xenu.net)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.