Scientology founder's great-grandson blasts church

The great-grandson of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard said the secretive church destroyed his family.

In an interview with CBS's San Francisco affiliate, Jamie DeWolf, who never met his famous great-grandfather, said the church "devoured" Hubbard and his son, who is DeWolf's grandfather. He called Hubbard a “portly red-headed charismatic lying con-man pseudoscience self-help author.”

Read more: foxnews.com/us/2012/07/26/scientology-founder-great-grandson-blasts-church/?test=latestnews#ixzz21rKJMDxD

I feel sorry for the people who follow these organizations (dare I say "cult") they scare me. There are so many around that people swear by and will do anything they ask!
I pray these lost souls will someday find their way to the Lord! :signofcross:

[quote="Nonna2005, post:2, topic:293160"]
I feel sorry for the people who follow these organizations (dare I say "cult") they scare me. There are so many around that people swear by and will do anything they ask!
I pray these lost souls will someday find their way to the Lord! :signofcross:

[/quote]

Agreed. They pray on the vulnerable..

I encourage anyone who is merely curious as to what kind of joke this "religion" (if it's worthy of calling it that) is to pick up and read Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. Be it, if you are able to get through the first couple pages. It won't take you very long to figure out that it's definitely a scam.

[quote="Mgray82, post:3, topic:293160"]
Agreed. They pray on the vulnerable..

I encourage anyone who is merely curious as to what kind of joke this "religion" (if it's worthy of calling it that) is to pick up and read Dianetics by L. Ron Hubbard. Be it, if you are able to get through the first couple pages. It won't take you very long to figure out that it's definitely a scam.

[/quote]

You know, I might consider doing that. Do you think that would be a sin or an act against God, if I were to read it??

[quote="Nonna2005, post:4, topic:293160"]
You know, I might consider doing that. Do you think that would be a sin or an act against God, if I were to read it??

[/quote]

I don't think so, the sin would be turning away from God by reading it. But consult with your pastor or a spiritual director, :thumbsup: I have a million things on my read list before I would waste my time on this stuff.:rolleyes:

[quote="ricks1948, post:5, topic:293160"]
I don't think so, the sin would be turning away from God by reading it. But consult with your pastor or a spiritual director, :thumbsup: I have a million things on my read list before I would waste my time on this stuff.:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Hahahaha...true...thank you :thankyou:

Has anyone seen that massive headquarters of the Church of Scientology in Clearwater?

And people rail against the Vatican....

Religion: The huge tub of very dirty bathwater that many never see the baby Jesus in and end up throw it and Him out.

Thank God we have seen Him and taken Him up and find the one true religion within His Church.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.