Scientology Weddings: Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of vows do Scientology couples exchange?

Scientology wedding ceremonies are collected in “The Background, Ministry, Ceremonies & Sermons of the Scientology Religion.” The book has five versions of the wedding ceremony: traditional, Informal, Single Ring, Double Ring, and Concise Double Ring. In the 1950s, L. Ron Hubbard wrote wedding vows that stress the mutual needs of the couple, now referred to as Scientology’s “traditional ceremony.” They include such quaint advice to the groom as “Now Tom, girls need clothes and food and tender happiness and frills, a pan, a comb, perhaps a cat. All caprice if you will, but still they need them,” and to the bride: “Hear well, sweet Katie, for promise binds. Young men are free and may forget. Remind him that you may have necessities and follies, too.”

[sign]BARF-O-RAMA![/sign]

perhaps a cat.

A cat…You know, on the news today, they were saying that some scientology weddings, the groom gives the bride a cat as part of the ceremony, & I thought, "Poor kitty!!"
How weird is that???

Funny…I thought the whole point of Scientology was to cure one of one’s necessities and follies by paying thousands and thousands of dollars to drive out the evil dead aliens that cause them. Is this a planted admission? :hmmm:

Do not pass judgment so quickly, the Catholic Church has been accused of such allegations regarding the extortion of money from it’s parishioners. It is all a viewpoint. Whether any of it’s true still remains to be unseen.

Wrong. The truth is what it is, regardless of what anybody thinks of it. Meanwhile, arrant nonsense does not cease to be arrant nonsense, even if the whole world adheres to it.

The truth is what it is, but the truth is unseen.

Faith does not rely on truth, the truth is an absolute. Faith is not.

Faith relies on Faith, the truth is a separate entity and cannot truly be known until one passes from this world.

Only to those who refuse to see it.

As for the rest of this post: :yawn:

You can believe as much as you want, but I’m saying that no one will really know for sure until you die.

This exists in the common paradox that “Everybody wants to go to Heaven, but nobody wants to die.”

No matter how strong someones faith is, there will always exist a little bit of doubt in the back of your soul.

is it absolute truth that if i step off the empire state building gravity will take affect.

there’s no doubt in my mind

Hey I have a couple of kittens that will end up as barn cats unless I find another home for them. Perhaps I’ll send tomkat a couple of kitties for their present. NAH. They’ll be very happy in my barn kept nice and warm with the horses and the hay.

“With this cat, I thee wed”…:whacky: :whacky: :whacky: :whistle:

the Catholic Church has been accused of such allegations regarding the extortion of money from it’s parishioners.

To be fiar the enemies of the Church have accused her of most things, I have never heard of this one but in the light of all the other lies, why not:rolleyes:

Never heard that one. The Catholic Church is the most generous and charitable Religion FOR ALL not just Catholics. It is jealousy and the work of the devil that tries so hard to discredit Our Lords One True Church.

I believe in One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church.

Do they have a ceremonial blessing of the cats before they’re handed over to the partners?

'In the name of the Siamese, the Tabby and the Maine Coon … ’

One MAY legitimately question where the money for Saint Peter’s came from… I don’t blame anyone for that.

But I presume you see the absurdity in claiming that truth is unknowable. To make such a statement, you are claiming knowledge of a truth!

Some truths are indeed difficult to discern. Others are quite plainly revealed to us by God Himself. We catholics call that revelation. Other truths are plainly evident in nature.

:confused: And now…on to the rest of the thread regarding the wedding for all you hijackers.

What an odd ceremony exchange. I wonder what does the term Follies entail?

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is *Cat *astrophic news indeed .:smiley: I wonder how the poor little kitty is feline.:smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.