Scientology's David Miscavige threatens to sue his own Father

Scientology’s leader David Miscavige is threatening his own father and his father’s publishers with lawsuits over a tell all book where his father reveals more of the dark inner workings of the Church of Scientology. So far his publishers in the UK and US have remained unbowed and will proceed with the publication.

In addition to further reitterating previous claims against Miscavige, such as his seizing power in the Scientology movement against L. Ron Hubbard’s wishes by outmaneuvering rivals and more accusations of abuse and even false imprisonment at various sites including the “Gold Base” in Hemet, CA, Miscavige’s father also reveals more about his younger years and the surveillance his son has maintained on the elder Miscavige.

hollywoodreporter.com/bookmark/scientology-leader-david-miscavige-threatens-887678
people.com/article/ron-miscavige-memoir-ruthless-scientology-son-david

It’s hard to see Scientology as anything less than a dangerous cult. Both to its members, and to the people that either try to leave it or who speak out against it. And the stories of slavery and imprisonment seem to have a basis. If such things are true, I hope the truth comes out.

Sounds like a book worth buying! :thumbsup:

If anyone was wondering, the author’s name is Ronald Miscavige and the book is called Ruthless: Scientology, My Son David Miscavige, and Me.

It will be interesting to see what they do with that endless amount of cash they have.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.