Scores of undocumented migrants dropped off in Arizona

azcentral.com/story/news/politics/2014/05/29/scores-undocumented-migrants-dropped-arizona/9707503/

How terrible infants as young as six months old no food or clothing the desert gets cold very quickly at night and children need food. Dropping them off doesn’t help anyone it allows immigrants to become even more vulnerable and possible get killed. I have wondered what is the Church’s offical position on illegal immigration or what have Church leaders said!

As thousands of the released are convicted criminals they should be deported immediately. The others need any help we can provide and deported until they can enter legally. It is a sad state they find themselves in but the laws of our country must be unpheld. Wish I had the means to help them all.

That’s not in the article.

Scroll down:

She said that Tuesday night she went to the Greyhound station on Buckeye Road and found 50 women and young children who had just been released by Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

Among the children were infants 6 months old.
“Some of the kids were crying,” Whitmore said. “Some were infants that weren’t fully clothed. They didn’t have diapers. They didn’t have formula.”

:mad: These stories anger me for lack of all the facts. And while in Christian charity we would need to provide emergency humanitarian aid for them I can’t help but wonder why these parents would put their children in such danger by choosing to enter a country illegally! I am a mother and it is beyond my powers of imagination to think that parents could possibly put their children at such great risk. They are not coming for political asylum or because their lives are in danger. Is possible economic advantage (an assumption since we don’t know all the story) worth the harmful consequences to one’s own family?

Gracias.

I am glad the children are out of jail, though they could have done better. On the other hand, did they have money? Almost all of the immigrants I have released had money, sometimes, quite a bit.

These stories anger me for lack of all the facts. And while in Christian charity we would need to provide emergency humanitarian aid for them I can’t help but wonder why these parents would put their children in such danger by choosing to enter a country illegally!.. They are not coming for political asylum or because their lives are in danger…

Are they? I have never lived in Mexico. Is the danger to life there greater than the danger of crossing the border? These are questions I think we assume answers to based more on our own gut feelings than anything else, but assuming parental love is present, perhaps there decision was based on what they deemed best.

This part of the article is very concerning to me:

Humanitarian groups are concerned that immigration officials are dropping migrants off at bus stations to fend for themselves without food, water and basic necessities.

I hope and pray that they have access to food, water, and basic necessities. After all, it is a human right to have those things regardless of whether or not one is a criminal.

Here is an update on this story.

abc15.com/news/region-phoenix-metro/central-phoenix/whats-happening-to-immigrants-left-behind

Wow. The way they were treated is horrible. It sounds to me like they had them packed in so close to each other that they couldn’t sleep. They also hadn’t bathed in days. In addition, it seems like the only thing they were fed was bread.

I am hopeful that the gated communities of the politicians who are letting them into our country will be swung wide open to accept them all. As well, there should be room for the 36,007 illegal alien criminals whom Obama released last year. I predict that they will put their guest bedrooms where their mouths are. :thumbsup: Rob

:smiley: I LOVE IT!!
I hadn’t seen the numbers, but I know that for the past 8-10 years they keep quoting the illegal count @ 12,000 million even when the U. S. Border Patrol estimated 9 years ago that it could be as high as 20 million. :rolleyes:

Oh heck with the numbers and reality and the law. The taxpayers can handle it - didn’t you hear the economy is getting better?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.