Scotland: news report--"University chaplain sacked after holding service of reparation for Gay Pride."

The Catholic chaplain who offered a Rosary, Litany and Benediction service of reparation for the “gross offence against God” of Glasgow Pride, a gay and transexual festival, has been removed as a university chaplain.

"The university’s Catholic society said it was ‘extremely disappointed’ at the move. ‘It is frankly abhorrent that a Catholic Priest would be dismissed from his post as a Catholic chaplain for merely reaffirming the teachings of the Catholic faith.’”

Glasgow Caledonian University is a public university of 16,000 students in Glasgow, Scotland.

There is already a thread on this subject.

See

The earlier thread doesn’t say what happened to this priest. The earlier thread covers calls to punish the priest, this thread reports on his punishment.

The OP made that thread too.

God have mercy on us and on the whole world. God Bless this Priest for saying the Rosary.

“Blessed are you when men revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven," Jesus said during the Sermon on the Mount. (Matthew 5:11-12)

He has been removed:

Wait- so in Scotland, public universities get to choose their Catholic students’ chaplain? That’s weird.

I’d like to say how I feel about this, but I don’t want to get flagged.

I always wonder why “disappointed” is the word used in such cases. Maybe it’s my upbringing since we had hot-tempered people at home, but “disappointed” hardly defines my feelings at this moment. Kind of a weak word in my view…I don’t think it was a term we used at home so for me it lacks depth of feeling…

NOTE: Changed a word in case it’s considered rude.

I think it comes from a desire to be diplomatic. But yeah, I would be pretty upset if I were the GCU Catholic students or the Archdiocese.

I guess Catholic chaplains aren’t allowed to be wholly Catholic anymore. Or they’re just supposed to conceal all of the controversial or “non-inclusive” beliefs. :roll_eyes:

This university isn’t very inclusive to different opinions. There goes diversity.

Kinda like UC Berkeley…The death of the Free Speech Movement right where it’d originally started…:no_mouth:

No one is saying that people are a “gross offence” (sic)

All persons are made in the image and likeness of God. We all have the very stamp of His being upon our souls.

People that choose behaviors that are contrary to our Creators plan for our lives may commit a “grave offense”, for which reparation is indicated.

We cannot fail to speak the Truth because some people perceive what they are hearing as offensive.

Curiously, the Pilgrims came to America to escape from the conflation of temporal (secular) power with spiritiual/religious power. While they were building a nation here where the Govt. could not control religion, Europe transitioned from Catholic secular rule to Protestant secular rule.

> By 1560 the majority of the nobility supported the rebellion; a provisional government was established, the Scottish Parliament renounced the Pope’s authority, and the mass was declared illegal. Scotland had officially become a Protestant country.

One must first appreciate that the Catholic Church wielded the same power, until it was wrested from them by Protestants.

Fr. Z comments:

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2018/07/action-item-pray-for-fr-morris-victim-of-the-homosexualist-agenda/

What’s the saying - “Those who hate truth call truth ‘hate’”.

And the other sayings - “What was once considered to be vice is now virtue and what was virtue now vice” and “What was once considered to be immoral is now moral and what was moral now immoral”.

Attacks on Tolerance make me sad :frowning:

He gets fired; they made McCarrick a Cardinal.

The Lavender Mafia…

What attack on tolerance? Are you talking about the priest or the people who got him fired?

Didn’t you get the memo? The only diversity that counts is skin-deep.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.