Scriptural objection to Christianity, and Judaism

Genesis 13:15 (RSV-CE) - for all the land which you see I will give to you and to your descendants for ever.

Has this passage NOT been fulfilled? It says that they will have the land for ever. I know the Jews occupy their land now, but they only got their land back about 50 years ago right? So for most of the past 2000 years, Israel was NOT occupied by Jews, correct? Is this passage in Scripture wrong?

If you read through the prophets, you will see that their occuppying the land is based on their obedence. They often were disobedent, and God removed them from the land as the result.

And for long periods of time - the exile in Egypt was at least 400 years, for example. So the fact that the Jews weren’t in Israel for I think about 1,000 years prior to 1950 isn’t totally out of line :slight_smile:

Also, the Arabs have been there. They are also descendants of Abraham.

Well, this has always been my thought on this promise. That if you obey you get to have this land. The land being in heaven. I don’t know but that was always my thought.:shrug: :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.