Scripture for Pugatory

Where in Scripture can I point out to nonCatholics who don’t believe in Purgatory to read that certain Scripture that points to Purgatory so that they CAN be able to think, wow, it does exist!

I think a similar question was asked on EWTN Live this week. You can watch it here:
ewtn.com/audiovideo/index.asp
I’m pretty sure the scripture passage cited on the show was 1Cor 3: 10-15, in particular 1Cor 3:15.

scripturecatholic.com/purgatory.html

As useful and quick as the forums are, never forget about the resources at catholic.com. Under the Last Things link there are two sections devoted to Purgatory. Good luck in your evangelizing.

They told me that it’s not in the Bible, therefore, it must not be true, is what they implied.

Another said:

“What do Catholics make of Jesus’ statement to the thief on the cross that “Today you shall be with me in Paradise?” He doesn’t say anything more is necessary than to accept Him. If the cross is not sufficient to take care of our sins, what is the meaning of the cross?”

1 Corinthians 3:10

Because of God’s gracee to me, I have laid the foundation like an expert builder. Now others are building on it. But whoever is building on this foundation must be very careful. For no one can lay any foundation other than the one we already have-Jesus Christ.
Anyone who builds on that foundation may use a variety of materials-gold, silver, jewels, wood, hay or straw. But ont he judgement day, fire will reveal what kind of work each builder has done. The fire will show if a persons work has any value. If the work survives, that builder will recieve a reward " (merit?) “…But if the work is burned up, the builder will suffer great loss. The builder will be saved, but like someone barleey escaping through a wall of flames.”

I believe this very strongly supports the Catholic teaching of purgatory…As Bishop Sheen said…Purgatory is where Gods love is tempered with His justice! Very insightful!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.