Scripture in the Mass

I know this has been talked about before, but I kinda need a quick reference. Does anyone have a reference that takes a look at all the Scripture that is spoken and read during the Mass NOT COUNTING the readings.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

How about this?

wctc.net/~mudndirt/Scripture%20in%20mass.htm

Beautiful. Thanks.

pianistclare, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks so much! :smiley:

I would like to thank you as well, im doing a bible study guide and I was working on this section.

Me too. I thought that was beautiful I booked marked the Burning Bush page. It looks interesting.

Thanks for the great link.

Here are a couple others.

catholic-resources.org/Bible/Biblical-Mass-Texts.htm

davidscottwritings.com/a-bible-study-in-six-lessons-the-bible-and-the-mass/

Excellent. These will be helpful in composing a text for a Teaching Mass…
Thank you
Peace

Almost all of the antiphons, responsorials and other prayers are from the Psalms, proverbs and canticles found in The Bible. If you get a Missal it will give a lot of the Scriptural chapter and verse references for thest.

Remember though that the Mass preceded scripture (or at least the compilation of the Old Testament books and the writing of the New Testament).

Thanks greatly for the links!!!

Ooh…great point. What a great way to lead into the fact that the Church is THE “Bible Church”…so much so that the Bible quotes parts of the Mass. :smiley:

Okay, so I took the information from the links provided and compiled them together and wrote an apologetics introduction to it.

For your viewing pleasure: Scripture in the Mass: How Biblical IS it?

Enjoy!

thanks! I added it to my “Favorites” :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.