Scrupulosity?

If you keep remembering sins from your childhood do you keep confessing them? I converted to Catholicism circa 20 years old and I keep remembering stuff?!! Aargh i have had general confessions but don’t want to carry on like this. My latest scruple is me and my bro used to tickle each other under the private parts. Should I now over 20 years later confess this. BANGS HEAD.

I should add I would not have considered it remotely sinful at the time. I was only a child

It is best to make an appointment with your pastor and discuss the issue of scrupulosity and how to best handle it. You need a regular confessor and someone who can work with you on a regular basis to overcome or at least manage the scrupulosity.

We cannot do that here on this board.

It is very important that you make an appointment with your pastor.

See post #3.

Good advice! If you confessed it, it is done. Please don’t obsess over it.

Easier said than done, I know. I occasionally think of things I did at age 11, and feel bad about them. We just have to let those things go.

I don’t know if I would call this scrupulosity per se. We’ve all done things we’ve later regretted. Probably bothers us more if it involved someone else. The best way IMO is to look at these experiences as a lesson that was learned.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.