Scrupulous Confession Question

So a confession question. I was away from the church for a long time and made a confession with a sheet of paper the priest read over. Later as I remembered things that I had maybe missed, I wrote them down. Now about 6 months later I did another confession which I came in with a rather good sized list.
This confession this morning:
I met with the priest and we talked about scrupulosity etc and I pulled out the list, his eyes got rather large lol. And he instructed me to start confessing things since then I hadnt already confessed. Makes perfect sense with the scruples ;).

My question is this, we talked for a while and the conversation often diverted into just basic living the faith, faith questions, and I never really got through all my current sins. I tried but after about an hour he just started the absoultion. Truthfully he was patient but seemed like he wanted to get things moving lol. Fair enough, but Im concerned that I had things I didnt get to. I asked after "so can I just get rid of this list and move on" and he said yes. So I certainly wasnt trying to hide anything, but it didnt feel I got through the current stuff either. Am I good to recieve communion. Bottom line, hes a great, nice guy, but Id rather not annoy him to death either, and I know scrupulosity goes nuts sometimes, but I dont want to recieve unworthily either. Thanks all.

In my opinion, since God looks at our heart and your heart was really in trying to confess everything and holding nothing back, then you are forgiven. I would place all my trust in Jesus' love and mercy and accept as true the absolution He gave you through the priest. I think Jesus would like that :)

You can receive, your sins are forgiven, but you have an obligation to mention unconfessed mortal sins at your next confession (whenever that may be).

When you go to confession, always start with your mortal sins. If you do not have the time to confess the venial ones, that is OK.

I recommend that you go to confession regularly - say once a month - and to the same priest every time. Let him know that you tend to be scrupulous and follow his advice on how often to confess and whether you need to list out individual venial sins (usually NO).

As long as you confessed all your mortal sins, you can receive Communion.

[quote="Servant31, post:1, topic:312694"]
So a confession question. I was away from the church for a long time and made a confession with a sheet of paper the priest read over. Later as I remembered things that I had maybe missed, I wrote them down. Now about 6 months later I did another confession which I came in with a rather good sized list.

[/quote]

1. Start with your mortal sins first and make sure you take care of those first.
  2. Go to confession more often so you have a shorter list.

[quote="Servant31, post:1, topic:312694"]
...made a confession with a sheet of paper the priest read over.

[/quote]

I'm sorry I missed this the first time. Do you mean you handed the priest a sheet of paper with your sins written on it, for him to read?

No I was reading through them. I had a couple pages of sins I had remembered over the years since my last confession was for maybe 18 years… The list was for the sins I remembered but had possibly missed there, but also new sins since that confession. I know the scrupulous arent suppossed to go priest shopping but starting to think this last confession might not have been a good one since I didnt get through the current sins. I just want to clear the old plate so I can keep up on it regularly now.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.