SDA Sabbath

Is the JW Sabbath on Saturday, or is it from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday? If the latter, what changes in the daily routine at sundown on Friday.
If the Sabbath is Saturday, how are mainstream Christians more guilty of changing the Sabbath celebration that you are?

I don’t recall The Sabbath being of any consequence in JW ideology.

The Sabbath is not really a part of the JW teachings. The only things I found on them was this and this.

I also came upon this from watchtower

Sabbath observance was given only to Israel and ended with Mosaic LawDeut. 5:15; Ex. 31:13; Rom. 10:4; Gal. 4:9, 10; Col. 2:16, 17

I’m sorry, I meant Seventh Day Adventists.

In that case it is from sundown Friday until sundown Saturday :wink:

what changes in the daily routine at sundown on Friday

Basically everything. Its the most blessed time in the week. Its like a little mini-holiday.

Oh how that particular webpage of twisted beliefs tied to scripture makes my blood boil everytime I see it!

which one??

Mine too! Its getting closer to Saturday and I am getting panic attacks.

Lucky you, I live with one (which I do love), the fact I hate is him being one, and the sister always rubbing it in my face and bashing Catholics… :mad:

:eek:

Ask them where it is that Jesus says its okay to do this kind of self righteous nasty stuff?

I guess if you can handle that, I better buck up and face them if they come on Saturday.

watchtower.org/library/jt/article_03.htm

yessisan only gave a sample of what’s there

The problem is,
the JWs heretical and overly-simplistic interpretations of scripture DO CONVINCE those who are not well versed in scripture
nor well-versed in their Catholic faith.

In my JW congregation, we had MANY ex-Catholics
and a LOT of ex-Greek Orthodox, too.

I’ve never understood how a Greek person can fall for their
John 1:1 translation of “the word was A god.”

Jaypeeto3

I just wondered something about the JW and the Sabbath. If they are so anti-catholic why did they adopt the “pagan” sunday worship too?
Or are they off the hook since they meet several times a week and one of them is Saturday so they cover their bases???:confused:
Like no one of those days are above the other or something like that?

Jehovah’s Witnesses have their Watchtower Study and Public talks on Sundays because it is convenient to do so, and only for that reason. They attach NO significance to Sunday whatsoever.

Jaypeeto3

It hardly surprises me at all that they would do it for the reason you state.
And to be “above” all of stupid evil Christendom for doing it for “lesser” and possibly nefarious reasons. :rolleyes:

I wish I could watch a Public talk on live video. I wish someone would put one up on YouTube or something so I can see how they do it.

I do wonder that too :confused:

You don’t want to even see these. They are full of ridiculous non-sense. Last time I went to one was when DH couldn’t drive.

All they were talking about was that Armageddon was coming and that they should be happy because they’d be picking up the pieces after Jehovah destroys all the Churches in the world, all those “images” and Rome (they think the Vatican is the wild beast of the seven heads in the book of Revelations)… so after Jehovah kills all non-JWs, they’ll have their dream homes, their dream life, their dream car… the guy had great imagination but still attacked the CC.

They always do, ALWAYS!! They either talk about the rosary and the idolatry behind it, or how Catholics use repetitious prayer, how we pray to images, we have 3 gods, not one…

You’d be so angry you wouldn’t even last the whole hour (after the 1 hr of their public talk, they have a 1 hour study of the Wachtower magazine - they study one article a wk - usually anti-Catholic).

This religion is very anti-Catholic. The last time I went I was so angry at their Catholic bashing, I got up and left. I waited for DH in the car. I was furious!!! :mad: They are so disrespectful. They know they have visitors from time to time, and they ALL know I’m Catholic because I’m married to DH, but they have no respect for those who aren’t JWs, especially Catholics.

Ahhhh, I hate that cult!! You’d be so amazed to see how brainwashed these people are. It’s so obvious they are being lied to but they just sit there and listen, they love what they hear…

God, please guide these people back to the Truth! :gopray2:

(oh, and about Jaypeeto’s comment, he’s right, their excuse for using Sundays is that most have the day off so they take advantage of it to have them “worship” God (more like worship the falsetower, but they think they are doing God’s work).

This turned out to be a two for the price of one heresy hitter thread.

Sda’s and Jw’s all together, I dont get either one.:frowning:

They are so peculiar in their idiocyncracies (sp?) that I dont see how someone can even take it seriously for even a few minutes without forcing yourself to not burst out laughing at it all. But, then get mad too.

I wonder how many simmilar beliefs the SDA’s and Mormons have with JW’s.

Didnt they all start at about the same time basically?:confused:

The 3 started in a similar way. They were all started by false prophets but SDAs are considered Christians, the other 2 aren’t.

I think SDAs and JWs are only similar in the way they congregate and the anti-Catholic thing.

Mormons and JWs are non-Christians who claim to be Christian.

I don’t know much about the SDAs or Mormons as I do about the JWs.

This turned out to be a two for the price of one heresy hitter thread.

Sda’s and Jw’s all together, I dont get either one.:frowning:

Get educated then :wink:

They are so peculiar in their idiocyncracies (sp?) that I dont see how someone can even take it seriously for even a few minutes without forcing yourself to not burst out laughing at it all. But, then get mad too.

Youre sometimes a bit hard to take serious as well but here I am... trying and trying...:) At least I am trying to show some respect and I am NOT laughing about other peoples beliefs, no matter how much I disagree with them. So laughing at others makes you a good Catholic then? Are you proud of that? Are you 12?!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.