Seafarers awareness week - prayers

This is seafarer awareness week ( in the UK.)

But, every single one of us relies on the important work of seafarers - bringing fuel, clothing, electrical good, gas, food, etc etc to our countries.
These seafarers can be away from home for 9 months it’s not the easiest of lives - loneliness, long working hours, tough conditions, threat of piracy…the list continues (I know, I myself was a seafarer).

If you can, include them and their families in your prayer at some point this week.

*Lord God, Creator of land and sea, bless those who work at sea. Be with them in fair weather and foul, in danger or distress. Strengthen them when weary, lift them up when down and comfort them when far from their loved ones. In this life, bring them safely to shore and, in the life to come, welcome them to your kingdom. Amen *

Help me to journey beyond the familiar
and into the unknown.
Give me the faith to leave old ways
and break fresh ground with You.

Christ of the mysteries, I trust You
to be stronger than each storm within me.
I will trust in the darkness and know
that my times, even now, are in Your hand.
Tune my spirit to the music of heaven,
and somehow, make my obedience count for You.
Amen

In America, I believe we had ours a week or two weeks ago. I wasn’t aware that there was one in the UK. We learn something new everyday!

I will most definitely pray for them and their families, because, without them, we wouldn’t receive supplies needed for survival.

Your country’s seafarers are in my thoughts and prayers this week.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.

I think of those at sea when I hear the shipping forecast on the radio.

I shall pray for all seafarers.

God bless you

Graham

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women, and
Blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
Pray for us sinners,
Now and at the hour of our death, Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.