Sean Hannity says faith is 'stronger' than ever after leaving Catholic Church over 'institutionalized corruption'

Sad situation. Pray that Sean Hannity will come back to the Catholic Church.

2 Likes

The irony here is extraordinary.

7 Likes

I guess I can’t say anything nice so. . . . . .

6 Likes

He’s wearing a nice jacket in that picture.

But here’s a lesson to all my Catholic friends. These people are not your friends.

7 Likes

He walked away from the Eucharist. Guess he didnt believe in the Real Presence :frowning:

5 Likes

I think the better question would be what exactly Hannity does believe in.

4 Likes

All I can say to Mr. Hannity is, he is too good for this Earth. Every institution and every person has sin. When he finds the perfect church, they won’t let him in, as the old saying goes.
After resolving an inner conflict, rightly or wrongly, there is always a sense of relief. I imagine that is what he is feeling at the moment. As time goes on, I believe he will miss the sacraments and peace he once knew. I say we bombard Heaven with prayers for this man. He influences so many.

2 Likes

Hannity? …

4 Likes

He’s talked about the church on his show for years and discussion related to his disenchantment. He almost went to seminary if not actually spending some time at one, I forget but I’d say something to him such as “Sean, do you think we’d have the Bible without the Holy Mother Church, the RCC?” Things like this. Early Christians were fed to lions and crucified. Do we expect an easy time?

2 Likes

I did a quick search. He’s been wavering for over a decade. I’m not really.surprised.

3 Likes

My daughter was a baby (she’s 15 now) when he had a spat with a priest about his use of artificial birth control.

It was lent, and Hannity said he inadvertently ate meat in a Friday. A priest corrected him and said something to the effect that if it was inadvertent it wasn’t wrong. But Hannity’s promotion of birth control was wrong.

I remember then he talked about it in tv, then spent the most of his radio show talking about how the priest was wrong to call him out. He followed his conscience yada yada yada.

His show used to follow Rush Limbaugh (years ago on AM) I could sort of see the attraction to Rush’s show. It was at times amusing, he had little song parodies. He seemed to have a sense of humor.

I never liked Hannity’s show. It really just seemed like him complaining a lot.

4 Likes

Didn’t Hannity join the LDS church or am I misremembering?

Why do people feel the need to publicly state their departure from the Church?

2 Likes

I believe that was Glenn Beck

3 Likes

Glen Beck is a Mormon, I believe he’s a former Catholic.

2 Likes

Yeah, I occasionally listened to his show driving to school. He basically talked in circles and now has become irrelevant.

1 Like

Sadly, you are probably correct.

2 Likes

You are thinking of Glen Beck who was raised Catholic and is Mormon now.

1 Like

I pray Sean Hannity will return to the church. He talks about how he was raised in the Catholic Church often. I am not sure if his wife is Catholic also.
During many of his shows he quotes scripture John 14:1. “Do not let your hearts
be troubled.”

3 Likes

Well, he does have a lot to complain about when it comes to politics and our
government - especially since President Trump was elected.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.