Sean Penn: Bush Caused 'Enormous Damage to Mankind,' May Bring Fascism to U.S.

Actor Sean Penn, in a taped Larry King Live interview aired Thursday night on CNN to promote his new movie, All the King’s Men, in which he plays a Huey Long-like character, suggested President Bush may bring fascism to America, charged that Bush has “devastated our democracy,” insisted Donald Rumsfeld and Bush have done “enormous damage” to “this country and mankind” and claimed the war on terrorism is meant to distract from reality.

Clearly referring to President Bush, a smirking Penn recalled: “Well, in 1932 Huey Long said something very interesting. It was, ‘Fascism will come to America, but likely under another name, perhaps anti-fascism.’” Later, Penn fulminated about how “party clowns like Don Rumsfeld could be described as, as far as I’m concerned, except for the enormous damage he’s done this country and mankind – and our President – and saw that they’re getting out there and they’re beating this drum, to drown out, as they did in 2002, to drown out other – in that case it was Enron. Now we have another situation, so it’s this war on terror, boom, boom, boom. Drown out the reality of what’s really happening.” Penn also argued: “No Democrat that doesn’t have a plan to get our troops out of Iraq should be voted for.”

Video clip (2:37): Real (4.5 MB) or Windows Media (5.2 MB), plus MP3 audio (925 KB).

newsbusters.org/stories/sean_penn_bush_bring_fascism.html?q=node/7649

Thank you Sean Penn !!! I was under the mistaken impression that your specialty was acting out the words that other people write. I had no IDEA you were also a genius when it came to foregin affairs and leading the nation. Gosh if it weren’t for that felony domestic abuse charge I’m sure you’d be a shoe - in as our next President. :rolleyes:

Sean who???

What does Sean Penn, Larry King and CNN have in common?
smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_5.gif (You didn’t really want me to answer that and suffer
suspension, did you?)!

smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZN

[SIGN]LOL Carol Marie![/SIGN]

I don’t like either of them (Bush/Penn). But I suppose I dislike Sean Penn more…

I would place Penn in the same category as Barbra Streisand…and as someone once so accurately observed, Barbra needs to leave politics alone and stick to screeching, because that’s what she’s good at."

WARNING

The cherity level of this post isn’t what it should be.

Catholics may differ on whether the war is just or unjust. However, discussion of the war belongs in the War on Terrorism sub-forum.

Thread closed

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.