Searching for a saying my mom used to say to me when I was a kid

everymorning she would wake me up saying up and adam. But I dont remember the rest.

Any help would be great. also if you have any favorite songs or sayings that remind you of your Mother when you was a kid list them and the words if you remember them all.

One of the reasons why I ask is because my mom just died this July 4th and I dont know why but I seem to have forgotten alot of memories and I was a momas boy I loved her so much. But sometimes I just search my brain and cant remember much at all.

I think this has alot to do with why I have not cried one tear after her death and I cried alot before she died. She died of cancer. But I just cant remember those good times that I know would bring the tears.

actually I did cry for the first time today when I read a baby book she had full of notes talking about how much she loved me when i was a baby. But that did not bring many memories back

maybe when some holidays come around I will remember more.

I dont know if im in a state of denile or if I know shes just in a better place.

again I would like to hear what things remind you of your mothers if they have passed on or not. all commints are welcome and if you have been in my shoes with the whole memory thing. And will I get some of mine back.

thanks

LOL… it’s funny how we hear things differently when we’re kids…

The phrase is “Up and at 'em”…
answers.com/topic/up-and-at-em

Get going, get busy, as in Up and at 'em–there’s a lot of work to be done. This colloquial idiom, often uttered as a command, uses at 'em (for “at them”) in the general sense of tackling a project, and not in reference to specific persons.

Hope that helps!

Edited to add… sounds like your mom was a very special person that you loved very much. May the Lord be with you as you slowly mourn her loss…

First of al, I’m very sorry for your loss.

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but a friend of mine used to say “Up and at 'em, Atom Ant”. It’s an old saying from a TV show. You can read about it on the website below.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atom_Ant

Hope this helps!

Gee… I used to say, “Up and at 'em Atom Ant” From the Atom Ant cartoon…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.