Searching for letters

Hi All,

Not sure if this post belongs in this forum, but here goes.
(Moderators, feel free to move this post)

I’ve been looking to find a truetype font that includes the letter(s) V and R that have lines through them. These indicate which prayer the priest says and to which the congregation replies.

Not sure if there is a proper name for these letters, and this makes it difficult to do an internet search.

If anyone knows about these letters/fonts, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

George

This site may help:
romanliturgy.org/fonts/_index.phtml

The V letter is called Versicle, and the R letter is called Response.

You might also try a web search for true type fonts and versicle.

Wow! Thanks a lot for the reply and the info. After I read your reply, something in the back of my mind clicked and I seemed to recall hearing some time back that it was called versicle.

Again, much thanks.

George

The free font Festa Dies (here), which is for Gregorian chant, also has these, in I think a slightly better-looking version than the one lon linked. It’s font “A”, and the characters are typable as capital-R and capital-V. The site and link are in Spanish, but click the link at the top that reads “aquí (254 KB)” to download.

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the new link. I like this font a smidge better than the other cuz it is a bit fancier, but I can still find uses for both.

George

I think it is CAC Valiant, ms just automatically downloaded some more fonts and this was one of them

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.