Searching for material

I am looking for a good book about the Crusades…no “Kingdom of Heaven” garbage. Thanks and God Bless.

“Fight against those to whom the Scriptures were given as believe in neither God nor the last day, who do not forbid what God and his messenger have forbidden, and who do not embrace the true faith, until they pay tribute out of hand and are utterly subdued” (Surah 9:29).

Haven’t studied the issue myself, but I’m sure Dave Armstrong’s page will have plenty of ideas what to read. Looks like his blog is his main site now, but he still keeps his old pages. He really needs a “pro” web designer to re-design and organize his whole site.

Scandals and Shortcomings

Phil P

Start here:

catholiceducation.org/links/search.cgi?query=crusades

An excellent well balanced account of the crusades is “The New Concise History of the Crusades” by Thomas Madden

amazon.com/gp/product/0742538222/sr=8-1/qid=1139937955/ref=pd_bbs_1/102-1745765-6765767?%5Fencoding=UTF8

I’ll echo the recommendation of Thomas Madden’s book. Also, try typing in “Catholic Dossier” in a search engine (“Catholic Dossier” was an excellent Catholic magazine that is, unfortunately, no longer being produced.) If you can find it, see if you can find the issue that they devoted to the Crusades. It includes a number of articles, and Thomas Madden was one of the contributers

Thanks to you all and God bless you.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.