Searching for people from the Old Greenspun Catholic Forums?

I was wondering if anyone on this forum used to go to the greenspun Catholic forum that crashed a few months ago and is not available anymore? I was known on there as “Enchantedfire5 Jason.” Just checking to see if anyone from there has come here since it closed because alot of fellows there were really respectful and cool like Paul M. Zarove, paul h. etc.

Hope to here from you guys.

[quote=J.W.B.]I was wondering if anyone on this forum used to go to the greenspun Catholic forum that crashed a few months ago and is not available anymore? I was known on there as “Enchantedfire5 Jason.” Just checking to see if anyone from there has come here since it closed because alot of fellows there were really respectful and cool like Paul M. Zarove, paul h. etc.

Hope to here from you guys.
[/quote]

And don’t forget Bill and Emily. It has been so long, I have forgotten some of the others. I bet many are here under new names.

Karl was here briefly as formercatholic.

Hi Mark, what was your name back in the old forum? Do you remember me? I remember Bill if you mean Bill Nelson, but Emily I remember left to do studies on her schooling. But I do not remember Karl the “formercatholic.” I also remember Gail too. Well if any of you are here, especialy Paul M. well then Hello!

[quote=J.W.B.]But I do not remember Karl the “formercatholic.”
[/quote]

Just FYI, here is one thread with a few posts by Karl.

Hey guys I am soooo glad to hear from you all!! :smiley: I have been around here for awhile. I sure miss the Greenspun forums. I went back around Palm Sunday because I was going to announce my joining the Church on Easter. I was sad to see that the forum was closed and no longer working :frowning:

As for Bill Nelson, he had not been around for a long time. People were saying that he may have died, since he was not responding to emails either.

Jason, I remember you! Catholic2003, who are you? I have seen you around here. But who were you from Greenspun? Mark a = Mark advent?

~Emily has entered the building~ (or thread lol)

my new name: Lily628

Hi Emily!:slight_smile: Yeah I am really sad that the forum is closed too. For awhile I liked it alot better than this one, but now I am really growing fond of this one too. I have been searching for Paul M. and Zarove but I haven’t found them yet. Oh I hope Bill is still alive unless of course he’s with the Lord in Heaven. I remember he was posting all the time around the elections last year for the president of the U.S. But then he suddenly stopped.

Emily, I remember when I last heard from you, it was when you emailed me back in the begining of January. I remember that well because after I read your email that early morning I left for work and hit a deer at 65 mph. I was blessed to be still alive. But I felt sad for the poor little deer.

Anyways welcome to the Church for you are now my sister in Christ and are part of the family :slight_smile:

God give you peace

Hi Jason, Mark, Emily

Jason, I was thinking of doing the exact same thing here recently. You beat me to it. I gave up posting for lent this year and then it crashed during that time. I was posting less anyway but it was kind of a blessing for me. I was attached to it for a time and sometimes the polemics were less than edifying. At times something would really push my button like when someone accused Emily of racial bias (do you remember that Emily?), or eugene accusing my wife of being a gossip. What ludicrous accusations. Then there was the recent punker invasion, and the return of Emerald and the emergence of John Smith which really seemed to set off eugene. But there was ALOT that I enjoyed as well. There were some real good folks there, and I learned alot.

Zarove, Elpidio, Jim Furst, Michael G and the Ask Jesus gang are here: p221.ezboard.com/bthechristianforum I have searched for people with unique handles such as eugene, John Gecik, Joe Stong, and Emerald but with no luck. I too miss Paul M and paul h as well as Lesley, and David(excite) and even Steve. Emily is correct. People were asking about Bill Nelson 6 months ago and surmised that he had died.

Emily, thanks for the info about the ecclesia dei nuns. So have you entered the convent yet, now that you are a newly confirmed Catholic? :clapping:

[quote=lily628]Catholic2003, who are you? I have seen you around here. But who were you from Greenspun?
[/quote]

Catholic 2003 is another Mark: Mark(aujus 1066@yahoo.com). Correct?

[quote=Brian Crane]Catholic 2003 is another Mark: Mark(aujus 1066@yahoo.com). Correct?
[/quote]

That would be me.

I am just so excited to see everyone here!!! :wave:

Sonya is here. And so is J F Gecik. Then there’s jake.

Gail is also but I’m not sure if she wants her screenname connected with her old name. I will email her to ask. She has not been very active though.

Jason, I am so sorry about the car accident hitting the deer. I am glad that God saved your life! I do hope that it was not due to reading my email that you were running late :frowning:

Brian I noticed you also awhile ago and I was going to link to you also but you beat me to the thread!

[quote=Brian Crane]when someone accused Emily of racial bias (do you remember that Emily?)
[/quote]

Yes I remember that. Someone accused me of being racist against Arabs, and I had to laugh because that is part of my ancestry, meaning I would have essentially been racist against myself. What a hoot that one was!

[quote=Brian Crane]So have you entered the convent yet, now that you are a newly confirmed Catholic?
[/quote]

I wish! I am finishing up college and I will have at least several years working to pay off my college loans. I’ll find out once I can land a job and chart from there how long it will take depending on my salary.

The Easter vigil was the best day of my life, and I felt such an amazing peace after I was confirmed. I know it was the power of the sacraments. Receiving Christ in the Eucharist is the greatest thing on earth nothing will convince me otherwise. I love being Catholic!!!

Here are the sisters that I am most interested in: Sisters of Life
cmswr.org/member_communities/sl.htm
sistersoflife.org/
They work and pray “for the protection and enhancement of the sacredness of every human life.”

God bless you all. Please call me by my new screenname “Lily” or Lily628. Thanks. :yup:

LOL. No Emily it wasn’t because I was running late. I actually was VERY early. So are they just speculating that Bill Nelson died? Oh ya I remember eugenetoo! Is he at this forum? And I remember sdqa and punker and there was another and they all supposivly were roomates but to this day I still believe it wasALL sdqa. He was something else phew! Ha, I wonder if he is here.

I’m from the ol’Greenspun forum as well. Was posting there off and on since 1998. Glad too see folks have found a place to continue the discussion and fellowship. Little tougher to get to know folks in such a large crowd.

Thanks for pointing me to this thread, Emily/Lily.

David (formerly listed as non-Catholic Christian)

Hi there

I’ve been using the greenspun forum since last year and have always found it helpful.

it’s a real pity that it’s closed and i hope that there is a forum here that contains most people that where in the greenspun forum. there’s no point waiting for greenspun to be fixed. it would be nice if we had some sort of group here that was called ‘Greenspun - Ex’ or whatever.

Anyway, in the meantime I hope this place will give me the same benefit although I prefered greenspun coz it was much easier to use without having to register and stuff. Very hassle-free. =/

By the way, someone asked about zarove,this zarove guy i found in:

p221.ezboard.com/bthechristianforum

Okie, well I have an important question but I’d like to see first if i’m at the right place to ask it.

byebye
God bless

hola,

I am humbled and gratified that people remembered me from greenspun. It’s been awhile since i’ve gotten to post in catholic forums and i went through withdrawals until emily and zarove pointed me here. by the way, this is paul h. I’m thinking i might find a way to change my user name to that so that i’m more recognizable. hope life is treating you all well and i’m marking this on my favorites so y’all can bet i’ll be back.

god bless,
~paul h

PAUL H!!! Hello man! Glad to see you here. My name from the greenspun forum was “Enchantedfire5 Jason.” That was such an awesome forum and it’s so sad it’s now gone. It was good because it was like a little planet of people opposed to a whole universe of people like it is here. But I really have gotten fond of this forum. Do you know what ever happened to Paul M or Eugene Cheveze? And does Zarove ever come here?

Glad to see you here:)

ah, lets see, paul m and eugene are both doing well, last i heard which was just after our beloved John Paul II died. I’ll try emailing them again to let them know that lots of us are here, maybe the old greenspun forum can post a thread that will point people in this direction.

As to zarove, he’s not registered on catholic answers forum yet, but he does post on “the christian forum” which is the ezboard transplant of the “Ask Jesus” forum over at greenspun. if you want to stand for the same stuff from that group, the addy is: p221.ezboard.com/bthechristianforum i’m registered there too, though i havent posted more than a hello. Peace be with you,
~paul h

[quote=promethius]ah, lets see, paul m and eugene are both doing well, last i heard which was just after our beloved John Paul II died. I’ll try emailing them again to let them know that lots of us are here, maybe the old greenspun forum can post a thread that will point people in this direction.

As to zarove, he’s not registered on catholic answers forum yet, but he does post on “the christian forum” which is the ezboard transplant of the “Ask Jesus” forum over at greenspun. if you want to stand for the same stuff from that group, the addy is: p221.ezboard.com/bthechristianforum i’m registered there too, though i havent posted more than a hello. Peace be with you,
~paul h
[/quote]

What was the deal with Zarove anyways? He seemed so Catholic but he said he was not. He said there were a few personal things he didn’t agree with with Catholicism. I wonder what they were? He was a very respectful person though. I wish he was here. I am very surprised that Pau M and Eugene aren’t here neither.

Paul h, what’s that forum like that Zaroves at? I have actually been there and even saw sdqa’s name there LOL! Oh boy I even wish he would come here too hehe.

I am still trying to get use ot this new setup. I hate switchign forum styles…

I started on EZboard, so that was easy, but this? Seems the newer posst oare on top and older ones on bottom, makign the cnversaition nonlenier.

Ah well…

Hekllo everyone, A Dark Lord has finally materialised here.

Oh, and I was invited.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.