Seattle police chief implores council to do what is right after protesters visit her home

. . . “These direct actions against elected officials, and especially civil servants like myself, are out of line” . . .

This is what happens when you embrace the mob. Sooner or later the mob turns its attention against you.

This happened to many surprised leftists during the French Revolution.

POLICE AND LAW ENFORCEMENT

Published 4 hours ago

Seattle police chief implores council to do what is right after protesters visit her home

Police Chief Carmen Best has opposed efforts to defund the department by half

By Louis Casiano | Fox News

Seattle residents slam proposals to defund the police as ‘a radical experiment’

Former Seattle city council candidate Ari Hoffman weighs in.

Seattle Police Chief Carmen Best is urging elected leaders to “stand up for what is right” after a group of protesters appeared outside her home over the weekend as pressures continue to mount over the enactment of police reform measures.

In a Monday letter to the nine-member City Council, Best said her home in Snohomish County was targeted Sunday night by “aggressive” protesters, prompting concerns from her neighbors. The crowd wasn’t able to trespass or engage in illegal behavior, Best said, despite their attempts to do so.

"These direct actions against elected officials, and especially civil servants like myself, are out of line . . .

. . . Protesters have held rallies outside the homes of several city leaders – including Mayor Jenny Durkan – in recent weeks in an effort to spearhead the slashing of the Seattle Police Department budget by half. In addition to the gatherings, some council members have seen offensive messages written outside their residences.

The council is in discussions to cut the police budget, with several proposals being considered. One measure would result in the laying off of as many as 100 police officers. . . .

3 Likes

They do not care until it affect themselves, while the rest of us commoners have to endure in the meantime. So what’s it gonna take to stop the commies? Do we have the will?

2 Likes

“Wasn’t able” to?

Is this a gated community?

1 Like

No, patriots with guns showed up. There is video of the events, but I will not post here due to language. PM me if you want to see it. This the highlight though.

Communist Rioter: “We’re peaceful! You pointed a gun at my face!”

Patriot: “That’s why you’re peaceful!”

I need that on a t-shirt.

3 Likes

I need that on a t-shirt.

That would be truly epic.

Out of interest, are you a “patriot” who polices commie rioters with their gun? You always speak highly of such people.

Out of interest, are you a neo-Marxist rioter who burns, loots, and murders? You always speak highly of such people.

3 Likes

Out of interest, are you a neo-Marxist rioter who burns, loots, and murders?

No, I haven’t been involved in any of the recent protests. I do not live in the US anyway. I am not a “neo-Marxist.” I have never murdered anyone or burned anything significant.

You always speak highly of such people.

I don’t think that’s necessarily true. My views are more nuanced than that

Anyway, your turn to answer my question.

I am not law enforcement and so I do not “police” anyone with their firearm. I am a concerned citizen fully aware of my natural and legal rights and will exercise them as the circumstances demand.

1 Like

Oh look, an anonymous cultural-Marxist troll is questioning my masculinity online. Surely you can do better than that.

It is a simple question. Do you head outside with your rifle and stare down protestors?

It may be a simple question, but it is not what you originally asked.

Unfortunately that appears to be the case. Stand down for the proles, step up for the powerful.

I worded it in your terms.

I am aware of my natural and legal rights and will exercise them accordingly. I see no reason why I would need to interfere with protesters. Communist rioters are a different matter entirely. Those are my terms.

“Communist rioters” are protesting, whether or not you agree with them. I also fail to understand how you could know the politics of any individual that you see rioting. I think I understand your position though. I’m not entirely convinced you have ever actually taken your gun out to threaten “communist rioters” however.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

If it looks like a commie, acts like a commie, and spews cultural-Marxist talking points, I will react as such until proven otherwise.

It was never my objective to convince you. So that sounds like a personal problem for you.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.