Second Prayer Intention for po18guy - continued

**Originally Posted by po18guy: **

Today, I found out more about the stem cell transplant I am considering. First, I will have a bone marrow biopsy and spinal tap to test the marrow and cerebro-spinal fluid for current cancer activity. Then, I will have a “Hickman line” implanted in my chest (beside the already implanted “Power Port” through which I have received chemo and my current experimental drug) to harvest the stem cells from my blood. I will have to move closer to the transplant center, since I am too far away. 30 minutes is the limit and I am an hour away. Then, I will have either a radioactive isotope and intense chemotherapy infusion, or total body irradiation, which will kill my bone marrow. My blood will then die, as there is no bone marrow to produce blood cells. I will be totally dependent upon transfused blood from donors. I must live in isolation in the hospital for 10-12 days, since I will have no immune system. Once released, I will need to live for three months in the relocated housing. I will need to be re-inoculated against all common childhood diseases (polio, rubella, mumps, etc.) since I will have essentially a baby’s immune system. I must then live for the next year in relative isolation so as not to be exposed to disease. And, this is a best-case scenario, since a sudden resurgence of the cancer will cause an emergency plan to go into effect. I cannot undergo the transplant until 2010, when insurance coverage will apply. So, I told doctor that he must keep me not only alive, but cancer free until then. So, life has just become slightly more complicated - the Lord wisely forcing me to trust Him alone. As always - ALWAYS, I thank the Lord for your prayers, as they are the thread by which my life hangs. God bless each and every one of you!

How much of scripture is man willing to disregard in the search for a faith which is acceptable to him?

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer today our friend Jim who continues to carry the Cross with your son Jesus, and endures great suffering in this life. Our friend is strong and balanced in his view of things, and we thank you for helping him to maintain strong faith, hope, and courage in the promise of your son Jesus who loves him. We ask for your continued blessings and strength for Jim, and for comfort and consolation from your Holy Spirit for his family who loves him so much and must be very worried about his situation. We also ask for continued wisdom and compassion on the part of the medical community and insurance people who have a role in Jim’s journey of life. Please bless all these dear people and hear the persistent prayers of your people for Jim as you have in the past.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Amen

Hail Mary,
full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the Fruit Of Thy Womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen

Praying hard to St. Peregrine.

Loving God,

We lift up in prayer today our friend Jim who continues to carry the Cross with your son Jesus, and endures great suffering in this life. Our friend is strong and balanced in his view of things, and we thank you for helping him to maintain strong faith, hope, and courage in the promise of your son Jesus who loves him. We ask for your continued blessings and strength for Jim, and for comfort and consolation from your Holy Spirit for his family who loves him so much and must be very worried about his situation. We also ask for continued wisdom and compassion on the part of the medical community and insurance people who have a role in Jim’s journey of life. Please bless all these dear people and hear the persistent prayers of your people for Jim as you have in the past.

We pray in the name of your beloved son Jesus, the Good Shepherd of your people.

Amen.

Hail Mary,
Full of Grace,
The Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit
of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of death.

Amen.

Loving God,

Amen.

We seek thy merciful aid, St. Peregrine, especially for those afflicted or threatened by cancer, by any ailment of the foot, or by any incurable diseases. Please help us quickly to find a cure for cancer, and a remedy for all our human infirmities of soul, mind, and body. Amen.

V. Keep us, O Lord, as the apple of Thine Eye,

R. In the shadow of Thy Wings, protect us.

2heartsnetwork.org/Peregrine.htm

Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy Name.
Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done, on earth as it as it is in Heaven.
Give us this day, our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation, but
deliver us from evil.
Amen

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee.
Blessed art Thou among women,and
blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us now, and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Glory be to the Father, to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit.
As it was in the beginning, as is and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Shiedham, patroness of those
afflicted with prolonged suffering.

Lord, please help Jim who is so dependant on you for everything, as we all should be. Comfort him with your love and the love of family and friends, and help him to be well again. At least let him be well enough to be supported by the medical treatments he has available to him. Please, keep Jim strong in faith, hope, and love and always give him the consolation of knowing that you are right beside him loving him through his sufferings. I offer up all my daily Masses and rosaries for Jim’s health and for his wife. Keep them strong and give them the grace of perseverence to keep them faithful and grateful for just being the children of so loving a Father who has blessed them so abundantly with His graces. Never let Jim or his wife be separated from you. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer. Amen.

Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be.

St. Luke, patron of doctors, guide the healing hands of po18guy’s physicians as they work to heal him, and pray that, by the power of Christ and your intercession, he may be healed of his ailments.

:signofcross:

Loving God,

Amen.

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

Loving God,

Amen.

Hail Mary,
full of grace,
the Lord is with thee.
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Mary,
Mother of God,
pray for us sinners now,
and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Glory be to the Father
and to the Son
and to the Holy Spirit
as it was in the begining
is now and ever shall be
world without end
Amen

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

We seek thy merciful aid, St. Peregrine, especially for those afflicted or threatened by cancer, by any ailment of the foot, or by any incurable diseases. Please help us quickly to find a cure for cancer, and a remedy for all our human infirmities of soul, mind, and body. Amen.

V. Keep us, O Lord, as the apple of Thine Eye,

R. In the shadow of Thy Wings, protect us.

2heartsnetwork.org/Peregrine.htm

deliver us from evil.
Amen

Amen

Amen

O my Jesus, forgive us our sins,save us from the fires of Hell,
lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Your Mercy.
Amen

Praying as well for the intercession of St. Lydwine of Shiedham, patroness of those
afflicted with prolonged suffering.

We continue to lift our brother to You in prayer.:gopray2:
mlz

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
blessed art thou among women
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,Jesus
Holy Mary Mother of God
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death
Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.