Second Temple imitation Arks?

I remember watching a documentary on Biblical Archeology in the Second Temple period. During that documentary, near the ruins of a synagogue, the archeologists dug up a stone ark, with poles for carrying, that was clearly meant to imitate the Ark of the Covenant. I was wondering if there existed any other arks like this in the Second Temple era, and of they were at all common? If they were, that would be very interesting considering the Ark was a type of Mary, and thus venerating images of her could in a sense, be considered a continuation of that practice.

I will put this in so see what people think - the last time the Ark is mentioned in the old Testament is Jeremiah 3:16.

Jeremiah 3:16

16 In those days, when your numbers have increased greatly in the land,” declares the Lord, “people will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the Lord.’ It will never enter their minds or be remembered; it will not be missed, nor will another one be made.

The next time it is mentioned is in Revelations: 11:19

Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant. And there came flashes of lightning, rumblings, peals of thunder, an earthquake and a severe hailstorm.

With all these people who keep trying to find the origin Ark - could God of taken it from the people?

Yes I know Mary is the new Ark of the covenant.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.